cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help finding IP Address for AP-7522

Need help finding IP Address for AP-7522

Dryden_Oshtugon
New Contributor
Preface: I'm not really a big network person. I just happen to be the most qualified to do the job where I work right now.

I've got an AP-7522 Access point, and I need help getting into the configuration. What's the process to do so? I've done some googling, and come up with a couple of things, but nothing has helped me so far. I've set up routers, and my own personal networking, but I've never dealt with dedicate access points.
11 REPLIES 11

Hi Guys,
usually we rely on DHCP discovery or COM (console) when it comes to first installation, but in case you need to do a pre-stagging you may use the MAC digest as written in reference guide - take APIPA and convert last two octets of MAC into decimal form - that's so-called ZeroIP config (present in default setup).

Other than this you may check label on back of AP (AP75xx) and see the ZeroIP claimed there.

Last option would be an AP discover tool (part of some FW package) which allows you to find AP using MINT broadcast.

Drew_C
Valued Contributor III
I found the install guide. The v5.8 SRG needs to be listed on our public documentation site so it can be indexed by search. I'll forward that feedback along to the team. Thanks!

I've found in on the Extranet on the WiNG documentation section..
http://documentation.extremenetworks.com/ExtremeWireless/WING_5.8_APSRG_MN002229A01_EN.pdf

Or this one via the normal search... first document if you search for "AP 7522 Access Point Installation Guide"
http://documentation.extremenetworks.com/ExtremeWireless/AP7522_IG_MN001376A01_REVB_EN.pdf

Drew_C
Valued Contributor III
Ron, you've found something on our site that I'm having trouble locating. Can you post the link to that version of the guide please?
All I can turn up is a 5.4 and a 4.x version.

That's why you're the master! Good stuff Ron.
GTM-P2G8KFN