cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NSight on VX9000 Controller with WiNG 7.6.4.0

NSight on VX9000 Controller with WiNG 7.6.4.0

mcarroll
New Contributor

We recently upgraded a VX9000 controller to version 7.6.4.0 to support new APs.  The controller had NSight installed on the previous version (5.9.3.1).  After the upgrade, the license command to enable NSight seems to no longer be valid (license NSIGHT-PER). The release notes are unclear to me as to weather or not NSight on the controller is supported.  All the 7.x release notes I’ve reviewed mention some caveats for the NSight database and secondary storage.  Also the 7.4 CLI user guide (latest that I can find) shows the “license NSIGHT-PER” command in the documentation. The latest documentation I can find for NSight specifically is for version 5.9.3.1.

Does anyone know if NSight is still supported on the controller for version 7.6.4.0 (or any 7.x release for that matter)?  If not, do you know the last WiNG controller version that supported NSight? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Christopher_Fra
Extreme Employee

In v5.9.3.1, NSight is a different instance then WiNG (the 2 were separated starting in v5.9.3.1). You will need to download NSight v5.9.3.1 (not VX9000) and stage as a new instance. Since the database was not exported prior to v7 upgrade, the previous database has been lost. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

mcarroll
New Contributor

Thank you for the confirmation on compatibility.  I was able to run the database-backup command for the NSight database after the upgrade.  Hopefully I’ll be able to restore that on the standalone server.  It’s a fairly small environment so losing the history won’t be big loss.  The floor plans are more of concern.

Ron_Galien
Extreme Employee

In regards to your question - if NSight is still supported on the controller for version 7.6.4.0 (or any 7.x release for that matter)? 

In Section 3.2 of the latest release notes v7.7.0.0-018R (attached) reflects the Software compatibility matrix tested with Extreme Products ExtremeGuest versions 7.1  / 7.1.1 / 7.1.2 /  7.2.0 / 7.2.1

Our WING Engineering Team has also confirmed that ExtremeGuest is formally tested with 7.7.0.0 but should also work 7.6.4.0 as well

We are requesting that the latest WING GA Release notes get updated to reflect this information

Hope this helps 

Christopher_Fra
Extreme Employee

In v5.9.3.1, NSight is a different instance then WiNG (the 2 were separated starting in v5.9.3.1). You will need to download NSight v5.9.3.1 (not VX9000) and stage as a new instance. Since the database was not exported prior to v7 upgrade, the previous database has been lost. 

GTM-P2G8KFN