Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Obtaining IP address failed

Obtaining IP address failed

Niyas
New Contributor III
Hi,

I have adopted AP7502 to wing controller VX9000 and also configured SSIDs and mapped to Radios. Now broadcasting is getting but, when I log in to created SSIDs showing error-obtaining IP address failed.
9 REPLIES 9

Do you have these same vlans on your corporate network?

In short, the wlan should be mapped to the vlan, vlans allowed through the ge1 port on the AP, vlans allowed through the switchport the AP is connected to, VLANs created on and traffic managed by router.

which part is missing?
Christoph S.

Niyas
New Contributor III
Dear Christoph,

I have created WLAN with VLAN 34, when I try to connect WLAN,showing IP address unavailable.

Thanks
Niyas

Niyas
New Contributor III
Hi,

My internet VLAN is 1, I have created a new SSID with VLAN 1, the internet is getting but when I try to access other SSID's with different VLANs, the internet is not getting.

Thanks
Niyas P

Niyas
New Contributor III
Hi Christoph,

our network is running with DHCP, I have configured WLAN in the controller.i have doubts in VLAN mapping to WLAN.my internet VLAN is 1.currently I have enabled virtual interface as a VLAN 1 in both controller and AP.

Thank you
Niyas P

Christoph_S
Extreme Employee
1 - Is the DHCP server in the same broadcast domain?
2 - Have you properly mapped the VLAN to the WLAN?
3 - If you have more than one vlan, have you allowed those through the ge1 port?
4 - Is the AP set as a DHCP client and if so, is it pulling an IP address?
5 - Can you ping the DHCP server from the AP itself?
6 - Are the same VLANs allowed through the switchport the AP is connected to.

Assign a static IP address on the wireless client, connect to your wlan and ping the DHCP server, is the ping successful?

In other words, start by checking the route starting from the wireless client all the way to the DHCP server and make sure all are properly mapped and allowed through all ports.
Christoph S.
GTM-P2G8KFN