Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with AP650 being adopted by RFS6000

Problems with AP650 being adopted by RFS6000

GUTAN_Flaviu
New Contributor
Hello,

For 2 years, we have APs failing to reconnect to our RFS after programmed electricity cut. They are shown as offline in Wing and phisically the Amber led is blinking every 2 sec. or so and the green led is off. I tried connecting them directly to the RFS but nothing changed. We bought 3 more APs on e-bay and we have the same issue. Tried to reset the AP using the Motorola_AP_Discovery_Tool but I see the AP connecting to the RFS and then disconnecting itself 3 or 4 seconds later. For now we have at least 5 unusable APs all with the same symptoms. Any help or advice would be appreciated as we still have to continue with this infrastructure for atl least 8 months. Thank you
35 REPLIES 35

It is a different version that also has a reset function, otherwise it works similarly. You also need the AP's serial number to make it work.

Hello Andy,

I imagine that I do need a valid support license to be able to open a support case. Is this tool the same one as the Motorola_AP_Discovery_Tool ? Thanks

Andrew_Webster
New Contributor III
Maybe your cluster isn't working correctly. I've seen instances where the a split-brain cluster can cause similar issues. Please post the output of the CLI commands:

show cluster members
show licenses
show adoption status

Ok, I'll post the results tomorrow but everything seems to work fine

GUTAN_Flaviu
New Contributor
Hello Andrew,

They are not the only ones causing the issues. 2 other APs previously adopted by the RFS are having the same problems. I admit I don't know if they were properly factory defaulted before they were put on sale but I'm sure I did not factory defaulted them before putting on our network. Is there a way to do that now?
GTM-P2G8KFN