Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RADIUS / AAA question

RADIUS / AAA question

Vedran_Jurak
New Contributor II
Hello,

A site has 24 AP7522s, they are adopted to a NOC VX9000 over WAN. The VX9000 has UDP 24576 and TCP 443 opened. I'd like to create a CP with internal RADIUS / AAA and then create bulk vouchers for guests. The CP will be hosted on the APs.

Option A - Use internal RADIUS on the VX9000
A1 - Under AAA policy -> Server Type do I use onboard-controller or onboard-centralized-controller?
Is onboard-controller used when there is a site controller?
A2 - Do I need to open up UDP 1812 and 1813 on the VX?

Option B - Use internal RADIUS on the APs
B1 - Do I enable RADIUS policy for only one AP or can I enable it in the profile for all APs? If enabled on all APs, do they synchronize data between them? How does it work?
B2 - Am I limited to 256 RADIUS users in this scenario?

Regarding vouchers, if printing to A4 paper, it seems to print one voucher per page. This seems like a waste. How to change this?

Thanks.

Best regards.

6 REPLIES 6

Hi,

for option B shall use:
    use onboard self RADIUS authentication server map RADIUS server policy to affected devices profile these won't synchronize data - NO ROAMING
Using the bulk user creating on web admin I was able to create ~8200 users (didn't test more) and I am able to print up to 4 vouchers per page (WiNG 5.9)
See below:

f3a6c643463a49ce8028ad02b9073b3b_RackMultipart20171120-84246-mo4o3s-voucher1_inline.png

Regards,
Ondrej

Ondrej_Lepa
Extreme Employee
Hello Vedra,

when you use AAA policy configuration "onboard controller" or "onboar centralized-controller" the RADIUS is encapsulated within MINT(UDP 24576) so you do not have to enable any other port.

Regarding the voucher size - this is supposed to be printed using mobile printers. There is unfortunately not much you can change on WiNG side.
More options are under Printer preferences

Regards,
Ondrej
GTM-P2G8KFN