Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFS4000 adopts AP7562 and unadopts it instantly

RFS4000 adopts AP7562 and unadopts it instantly

Roman_Yusupov
New Contributor
Hello guys!
Can you help me with this question?
Im running RFS4000 and adopt 1 AP7562 as Root directly connected to RFS. When I try to adopt another AP via Mesh network, I see it adopted for 1 second and then it unadopts back. It happens continiously. AP doesn't even upload config from RFS. First AP works as usual.

Thank you!
17 REPLIES 17

Roman_Yusupov
New Contributor
test2-2ABC84#show wireless meshpoint statistics
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
MESHPOINT TX RX TX RX TX RX
bytes bytes pkts pkts kbps kbps
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ShougangMine 264 395716 3 55019 0 k 0 k
Total number of meshpoint displayed: 1

ckelly
Extreme Employee
At this point, I would hope that the mesh connection has formed between the non-root and root nodes.

#show wireless meshpoint statistics

Roman_Yusupov
New Contributor
Thank you Chris!
All changes implemented! Waiting for further instructions!

ckelly
Extreme Employee
Roman,

I forgot to mention one particular item originally. If this is in fact a VMM deployment, you want to configure the PATH method to "mobile-snr-leaf" (default value is "uniform". This alternate path setting adjust the characteristics of the mesh formations using different metrics and also prevents a non-root from going through another non-root.

mobile-snr-leaf
  • SnR based routing
  • Turns on mobility bit
  • Turns on leaf bit (leaf AP’s cannot hop through each other)
  • Uses SnR in auto channel selection

The change is here in the main AP Profile (Applies to any non-root APs)

meshpoint-device ShougangMine
no root
monitor critical-resource action no-root
monitor primary-port-link action no-root
path-method uniform <-- Change this to "mobile-snr-leaf"
hysteresis period 60
exclude wired-peer mint-level-1
acs priority-meshpoint 5GHz ShougangMine
acs priority-meshpoint 2.4GHz ShougangMine

Now regarding the results:
The radios are seeing each other. The SNR is a little weak, but they should still be able to form a link.
I think the problem has to do with an unsupported mode on these .11ac model APs. Was supported on previous generation .11n APs.

Change this setting on each radio...on all APs.

interface radio1
channel 13
rate-selection opportunistic <-- Change to "standard"

interface radio2
channel 136
rate-selection opportunistic <-- Change to "standard"

#commit write

Even if this still doesn't resolve the issue, these changes needed to be made anyway.

Roman_Yusupov
New Contributor
Hello Chris!

Here is outputs of the commands:

Office - Root
Office-2ABA94#sh wireless meshpoint
NAME | ShougangMine @ 94-9B-2C-2A-BA-94 (Office-2ABA94)
MPID | 94-9B-2C-65-9E-81
ROOT | Yes
IFID 1 | 94-9B-2C-65-B1-40 on 94-9B-2C-2A-BA-94:R2
IFID 2 | 94-9B-2C-65-9E-81 on 94-9B-2C-2A-BA-94:R1

Office-2ABA94#sh wireless meshpoint config
NAME ENABLE MESHID
ShougangMine Y ShougangMine
Office-2ABA94#sh wireless meshpoint neighbor statistics rf
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Retry AVG : Average retransmissions per packet
ERRORS : Error Rate of rx errors and retries over good packet per second
Q-INDEX : RF Quality Index, higher value means better quality
(I) : RF matrix index where 0,1,2,3,4,5 maps to N/A,Poor,Fair,Average,Good,Excellent respectively
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
AP-HOSTNAME RADIO-ID NEIGHBOR-IFID SIGNAL NOISE SNR TX-RATE RX-RATE RETRY ERRORS Q-INDEX
(dbm)(I) (dbm) db(I) (Mbps)(I) (Mbps)(I) AVG (pps) (I)
94-9B-2C-2A-BA-94 94-9B-2C-2A-BA-94:R1 94-9B-2C-65-8C-D1 -82 -91 9 48 65 0.49 0 2
Total number of neighbors displayed: 1

test2 (non-Root) instead of VMM, but the same config.
test2-2ABC84#sh wireless meshpoint
NAME | ShougangMine @ 94-9B-2C-2A-BC-84 (test2-2ABC84)
MPID | 94-9B-2C-65-8C-D1
ROOT | 94-9B-2C-65-9E-81 @ 1 hops with metric 329
ROOT BOUND TIME | 0 days 00:07:24 ago
NEXT HOP IFID | 94-9B-2C-65-9E-81
NEXT HOP USE TIME | 0 days 00:07:24 ago
IFID 1 | 94-9B-2C-65-8C-D1 on 94-9B-2C-2A-BC-84:R1
IFID 2 | 94-9B-2C-65-9F-80 on 94-9B-2C-2A-BC-84:R2

test2-2ABC84#sh wireless meshpoint config
NAME ENABLE MESHID
ShougangMine Y ShougangMine
test2-2ABC84#sh wireless meshpoint neighbor statistics rf
Retry AVG : Average retransmissions per packet
ERRORS : Error Rate of rx errors and retries over good packet per second
Q-INDEX : RF Quality Index, higher value means better quality
(I) : RF matrix index where 0,1,2,3,4,5 maps to N/A,Poor,Fair,Average,Good,Excellent respectively
AP-HOSTNAME RADIO-ID NEIGHBOR-IFID SIGNAL NOISE SNR TX-RATE RX-RATE RETRY ERRORS Q-INDEX
(dbm)(I) (dbm) db(I) (Mbps)(I) (Mbps)(I) AVG (pps) (I)
94-9B-2C-2A-BC-84 94-9B-2C-2A-BC-84:R1 94-9B-2C-65-9E-81 -80 -92 12 67 43 1.41 0 2
Total number of neighbors displayed: 1
GTM-P2G8KFN