Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFS4000 adopts AP7562 and unadopts it instantly

RFS4000 adopts AP7562 and unadopts it instantly

Roman_Yusupov
New Contributor
Hello guys!
Can you help me with this question?
Im running RFS4000 and adopt 1 AP7562 as Root directly connected to RFS. When I try to adopt another AP via Mesh network, I see it adopted for 1 second and then it unadopts back. It happens continiously. AP doesn't even upload config from RFS. First AP works as usual.

Thank you!
17 REPLIES 17

ckelly
Extreme Employee
Glad to hear, Roman!
Takes a little getting used to, but you're doing well.

Roman_Yusupov
New Contributor
Hello Chris!
Thank you for your assistanse!

I checked and aligned all the configurations and it helped! Both Root and nonRoot profiles now working properly.
It was all about my carelessness(

ckelly
Extreme Employee
Are either of the APs getting adopted to the controller?
If yes, then it would seem that the controller is pushing out its version of the AP's configuration once adopted....and that controller's config is not correct...and then breaks the mesh.

When you updated the configs on the APs, have you been doing this by logging into the APs directly? Or have you been modifying the configs on the controller? I suspect you have been updating the configs directly on the APs.

Based on the below output, the mesh connection is forming. But then is being 'broken' after adoption. So there's something wrong with the AP profiles that are being pushed out from the controller.

test2-2ABC84#show wireless meshpoint statistics
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
MESHPOINT TX RX TX RX TX RX
bytes bytes pkts pkts kbps kbps
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ShougangMine 264 395716 3 55019 0 k 0 k
Total number of meshpoint displayed: 1

If you still have a copy of the config on the root and non-root APs when it worked, keep that. Now, copy the config directly from each AP (log onto each AP) as it exist right NOW (broken) and compare it to the config that worked. Look for any differences. When you find them, that will show you what you need to change on the controller for those AP's setup.

Roman_Yusupov
New Contributor
test2-2ABC84#sh wireless meshpoint neighbor statistics rf
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Retry AVG : Average retransmissions per packet
ERRORS : Error Rate of rx errors and retries over good packet per second
Q-INDEX : RF Quality Index, higher value means better quality
(I) : RF matrix index where 0,1,2,3,4,5 maps to N/A,Poor,Fair,Average,Good,Excellent respectively
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
AP-HOSTNAME RADIO-ID NEIGHBOR-IFID SIGNAL NOISE SNR TX-RATE RX-RATE RETRY ERRORS Q-INDEX
(dbm)(I) (dbm) db(I) (Mbps)(I) (Mbps)(I) AVG (pps) (I)
94-9B-2C-2A-BC-84 94-9B-2C-2A-BC-84:R1 94-9B-2C-65-9E-81 -79 -92 13 10 7 0.00 0 2
Total number of neighbors displayed: 1

Office-2ABA94#sh wireless meshpoint neighbor statistics rf
Retry AVG : Average retransmissions per packet
ERRORS : Error Rate of rx errors and retries over good packet per second
Q-INDEX : RF Quality Index, higher value means better quality
(I) : RF matrix index where 0,1,2,3,4,5 maps to N/A,Poor,Fair,Average,Good,Excellent respectively
AP-HOSTNAME RADIO-ID NEIGHBOR-IFID SIGNAL NOISE SNR TX-RATE RX-RATE RETRY ERRORS Q-INDEX
(dbm)(I) (dbm) db(I) (Mbps)(I) (Mbps)(I) AVG (pps) (I)
94-9B-2C-2A-BA-94 94-9B-2C-2A-BA-94:R1 94-9B-2C-65-8C-D1 -75 -92 17 44 61 0.13 0 2
Total number of neighbors displayed: 1
GTM-P2G8KFN