Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFS4000 unadopts AP's when RSSI below - 80 dBm

RFS4000 unadopts AP's when RSSI below - 80 dBm

Boris1
New Contributor
Hello guys!
Want to ask you to help me in issue with my network.
Im noticed that my AP's starting to unadopts if RSSI level decreasing below -80 dBm. At this time AP's config mode changes from "configured" to "sheduled" and than it disappears from adopted devices. Mesh links are working, device behind AP can reach network, but AP can't adopt reliably.
Where should I look for a problem?
WiNG 5.9.2.5, AP7562, RFS4000.
Thank you!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ckelly
Extreme Employee
Boris,

It sounds like the mesh connection is very weak.
When the AP unadopts again, I would look at the mesh connections to the 2 APs that connect wireless. If there is no mesh connection, then obviously the AP cannot adopt.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Boris1
New Contributor
Hi!

Problem solved - we found a source of interference and move AP to another place!

Thank you!

ckelly
Extreme Employee
Boris,

It sounds like the mesh connection is very weak.
When the AP unadopts again, I would look at the mesh connections to the 2 APs that connect wireless. If there is no mesh connection, then obviously the AP cannot adopt.

Boris1
New Contributor
Hi Misha!

Yes, all devices in one RF-domain. Wired connection to RFS has only AP Office-2ABA94. Other AP connects to RFS with wireless connection.

rfs4000-FB5CC3#sh wireless meshpoint tree
In progress ...
1:ShougangMine [3 MPs(1 roots, 2 bound)]
|-Office-2ABA94
|-Maint-2ABC84
|-test111-2ABAF8

Can it happen because of radio interference? I'm using 13 channel, while channel 11 is occupied with strong level. When I reconnect one device with 5GHz interface, it has adoption till RSSI -90 dBm.

Thank you!

vanelm
Contributor
Hi Boris,
All devices are belongs to the same RF-domain "ShougangMine" with RFS as a domain manager. In the mean time AP and RFS using some intermediate MINT router (Office-2ABA94) for communication. Can you clarify all AP have a wired connections to LAN? Please also share "show wireless meshpoint tree on ShougangMine"

Misha
GTM-P2G8KFN