Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFS7000 All Status LED's Blinking

RFS7000 All Status LED's Blinking

Phil_storey
Contributor
Hi
Not sure what is happening on the RFS, we had some strange activity on the network, with the WIFI, the RFS7k went offline, on the front all the LED's are flashing, when the console cable is connected
this what is seen
BootOS (c) 2004-2016 Symbol Technologies, Inc. All rights reserved.

0| ddr2.c:829 configure_ddr2 Using SPD-derived 533MHz DDR parameters
0| ddr2.c:1238 start_init_ddr2 using 224/288 split
RFS7000 version 5.8.4.0-034R
Booting from NAND image1
*** Switch reset because qchip watchdog timeout expired ***

but then the cli is unresponsive, no access via the GUI on the management port
the console port is set to 19200 8,N,1
After a while you hear the fans spin faster as if its going to try again
It looks like its trying to boot from the second image (NAND image 1 ) but it should be the image 5.8.5-016R,
How do I get it to beet the correct image ?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Phil_storey
Contributor
UPDATE:

Fitted the replacement RAM today and the RFS7k lives. It booted first time, Config was all good, or so it seemed . Re-instated it to the LAN, but the cluster would not come up, If was doing my head in, then I walked away had a think, Firmware, the Primary had booted the old image, Rebooted with the new image and all was OK again.

Just got to work out why the 2 client AP's in the remote location and not showing in the RFS, they did before the crash, but they are working and clients are connected, so not a major problem

Thanks to all that replied
Have a good New Year
Phil

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Phil_storey
Contributor
UPDATE:

Fitted the replacement RAM today and the RFS7k lives. It booted first time, Config was all good, or so it seemed . Re-instated it to the LAN, but the cluster would not come up, If was doing my head in, then I walked away had a think, Firmware, the Primary had booted the old image, Rebooted with the new image and all was OK again.

Just got to work out why the 2 client AP's in the remote location and not showing in the RFS, they did before the crash, but they are working and clients are connected, so not a major problem

Thanks to all that replied
Have a good New Year
Phil

Phil_storey
Contributor
Hi
the unit would not boot, but was showing this
*** Switch reset because qchip watchdog timeout expired ***

decided to swop the memory module out, and it returned to the command prompt but as the memory was too fast it wouldn't boot but tried
RFS7000 version 5.8.4.0-034R
Booting from NAND image1
0| ddr2.c:675 configure_ddr2 Clamping DIMM 0 speed at 532MHz because errata prevents XLR from operating with it any faster than this
0| ddr2.c:829 configure_ddr2 Using SPD-derived 533MHz DDR parameters

I should have the replacement module hopefully by tomorrow. I will update this tread again once installed

Phil_storey
Contributor
Hi
and thankyou for the replies, I'm taking the RFS out of the rack and putting it on the bench< I will update later on the outcome
Phil

Christoph_S
Extreme Employee
Hello Phil,

As my colleagues stated, it's probably a hardware issue, but if you would like to try booting up into the secondary partition where 5.8.5 resides you can try the following:

1 - Reboot the controller and as soon as the process starts, press and release the ESC key on your keyboard to get to the boot> prompt
2 - Run the following commands:
code:
boot>set boot 2
boot>reset (this is the reload command in boot>)

Of course if 5.8.5 is in the primary partition then the command becomes:
code:
boot>set boot 1
boot>reset

Test to see if the controller boots up into that image, but if still caught in boot loop then the unit needs to be RMA'd.
Christoph S.
GTM-P2G8KFN