Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Schedule nsight database backup fail

Schedule nsight database backup fail

Romain_Mercier
New Contributor
Hi community,

I'm trying to schedule a backup of my nsight's database.
I added the following configuration to the nsight server configuration :
code:
database backup database nsight sftp://mylogin:mypass@myserver.domain/nsight-db/ start-date 12/21/2018 start-time 08:15 reoccurrence 168

But each time it is executed, it fails about 3 hours later with the message "scheduled backup for database nsight unsuccessful". I tried adding a filename at the end of the destination of backup but it fails with the same message.

If I execute a one-time backup with the command
code:
database-backup database nsight sftp://mylogin:mypass@myserver.domain/nsight-db/backup.tar.gz

I receive a file named backup.tar.gz of about 7.9GB so I conclued that there is no problem for the nsight server to connect to my server and store the backup.

For information, I'm using a VX9000 version 5.8.6.7-002R

Anyone has an idea on what's wrong ?

Regards,
Romain
11 REPLIES 11

Romain_Mercier
New Contributor
Hi Daren,

I'm currently upgrading all the wireless infrastructure to version 5.9.1.5-001R.
I'll be back when the upgrade will be done.

Romain_Mercier
New Contributor
Thank you Daren,

I will plan to upgrade to 5.9.1.5. I will see if my issue still occurs or not. If it is, I will try to get the "show database backup-status detail " information.

Daren_Ellis
Extreme Employee
Hi Romain,

Technically that is a true statement.
Engineering even on your current version of code will not support those 2 model APs.
Note:
5.9.2 no longer has software for those 2 APs, but thankfully you can go to 5.9.1.5 on WiNG and still adopt those model APs with the VX9000.
That still puts you in a better position with Nsight server though its not 5.9.2.x.

Romain_Mercier
New Contributor
Hi Daren,

I have several AP8222 and Ap650 still running on my network and all others are AP7532 or AP7562. It seems that AP650 and AP8222 are no longer supported in version 5.9.x, am I right ?

My partner told me that the VX9000 hosting the nsight (in standalone mode) must run in the same version as the VX9000 controling the APs. Is this true ?

Depending of those two question I should upgrade or not.

The replacement of the AP8222 and AP650 is planned for this year but it will take few months.

Daren_Ellis
Extreme Employee
Hi Romain,

That command might not be available in older code.
Newer versions of Nsight provides a lot of improvement.
Note: I am running 5.9.3.x
Is it possible to upgrade Nsight and WiNG infrastructure to at lease 5.9.2.x?
GTM-P2G8KFN