Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow passthrough RADIUS request VX9000

Slow passthrough RADIUS request VX9000

Erwin
New Contributor
Hi all,

We use a VX9000 with 1200+ AP7522.
RADIUS requests go to a Aruba RADIUS server.
The Proxy mode for RADIUS requests is: "through-centralized-controller" so the VX9000 sends the requests to the RADIUS server.

In a attempt to use a captive portal to authenticate guest users on a guest vlan we noticed that there is a lag.
It takes the VX9000 a minimal of 50 seconds to send the request after the user entered his user/password.

Can anyone shed a light on this. We are stuck.
8 REPLIES 8

Erwin,

How are you making out with this issue? Are you all set at this point?
Doug Hyde
Director, Technical Support / Extreme Networks

Thanks Andrew,
Two commands where new to me.
I had the same idea. I build an extra VX9000 controller to check if there is a resource problem. (not expecting that, we have a VX9000 with enough oempf to run nsight but it is still off). Only need to adopt our test AP's.

You might want to have a look at 'service show process' cli to see if something is maxing out the CPU on the VX and it is slow to respond, also check 'show event-history' and 'show logging' to see if any errors are getting logged.

thanks Andrew for your response.
Host is in IP.
We see in packet capture a direct response from the RADIUS server so a reverse lookup is not likely.
After entering the name/password packet capture reveales a delay in the VX9000 before it sends an access-request to the RADIUS.
Packet capture between AP and VX is mint traffic wich is hard to encypher.
GTM-P2G8KFN