cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solution for the captive portal in WLAN Controller WM3700.

Solution for the captive portal in WLAN Controller WM3700.

EtherNation_Use
Contributor II
Create Date: Aug 30 2013 1:09AM

Hello guys.

In the company where I work we have a wireless network divided into two SSIDs, the visitors and the corporate, the corporate works on 2.4Ghz and visitors in 5Ghz, both SSIDs and frequencies are provided by access point altitude 4600 and controlled by WLAN Controller WM3700, both devices are brand extreme.

So a few weeks back we started having a problem with captive portal, as several people use the wireless network, but sometimes opens the portal to authenticate and sometimes not, and often this problem occurs in several different equipment, equipment that does not have this problem today, can be tomorrow.

we believe the problem is authentication, because the visitors network have almost the same corporate network configuration, the difference is that the visitors network does not have any encryption for connection and does not require a username and password to login, now corporate has digital certificate, WPA2 encryption and requires the user authenticates with your network user to access the network.

We made several tests, but we doesn't find the cause of the problem, so we're looking to implement control by mac-address, but I understand that the best way to control access in the wireless network is the captive portal, but this problem can't continue, we need implement a definitive solution.

Can anyone help me?

Thank you.
(from Thiago_Ferreira)
2 REPLIES 2

EtherNation_Use
Contributor II
Create Date: Oct 3 2013 11:27AM

Thanks guy.

But we decided to deploy mac-address-filter, the solution is working ok until now. (from Thiago_Ferreira)

EtherNation_Use
Contributor II
Create Date: Sep 7 2013 2:09AM

Thiago,

You may find this Implementation Guide useful. It will guide you step by step to a successful Captive Portal implementation.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/xkbg092tnekm0tj/SVC%20Tech%20Implementation%20Guide%20WM3000%20Series%20SW%20v5%20Hotspot%20Authentication%20v1.pdf (from Daniel_Flouret)
GTM-P2G8KFN