Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading VX9000

Upgrading VX9000

mmouille
New Contributor II

Hi,

we have a VX9000 with around 250 AP's connected to it on 5 different sites currently running version 5.9.1.5-001R. I saw that the latest available version is 7.7.1.4-003R would it be possible to upgraed without in-between upgrade ? Is there an upgrade path somewhere to follow and not make any mistakes ?

I've read the guide here for the upgrade : https://extremeportal.force.com/ExtrArticleDetail?an=000081743 Is it still the good one ?

Many thanks for your help. Best regards. Max.

5 REPLIES 5

Christopher_Fra
Extreme Employee

Hello Mmouille,

As Christoph stated, the article is still valid and should be followed when upgrading VX9000 with remote site APs. To upgrade directly from v5.9.1.x to v7.7.1.x, we need to know what AP models are currently deployed. Once we have this information, we can provide guidance.

At this time, we strongly recommend WiNG v7.7.1.3, due to some known issues with v7.7.1.4.

Please review the WiNG v7.7l.4 release notes (Resolved Issues List) and see if you currently have any of the AP models listed. If you don't, please upgrade to v7.7.1.3.

Thanks,

Chris Frazee

Christoph_S
Extreme Employee

Hello mmouille,

What AP models are you trying to upgrade?

Yes the article is still good.

Best regards,

Chris

Christoph S.

Hi Christoph, thanks for your reply. We have AP 7532 and 7522.

Hello mmouille,

Here's a link to the release notes. We encourage you to go over the ones for version 7.7.1.0. Per said release notes these APs are good to upgrade as of 5.5.3.1 to 7.7.x.

https://extremeportal.force.com/ExtrArticleDetail?an=000063086

As Christopher stated, At this time, we strongly recommend WiNG v7.7.1.3, due to some known issues with v7.7.1.4.

Please review the WiNG v7.7l.4 release notes (Resolved Issues List) and see if you currently have any of the AP models listed. If you don't, please upgrade to v7.7.1.3.

I hope this helps,

Christoph S.
GTM-P2G8KFN