Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use fix 5GHz RF channels for AP7131 Wing 5.4

Use fix 5GHz RF channels for AP7131 Wing 5.4

Stéphane_NOBLET
New Contributor
Dear,
I'm using three Wifi AP7131 for a wifi load balancing application.
I use the 5GHz band and want to use a fixed channel for each one :
I disabled the DFS (Dynamic Frequency Selection), and disabled the Smart RF.
When i apply this configuration, at startup the radio on each AP are in "Radar scan" state, and they get anothers channels, like 36, 48 etc.
Is it possible to force theses RF to the mentionned channels ?
Thank
9 REPLIES 9

Anton
New Contributor
False positive detections is another matter to consider when working with DFS channels.

Andrew_Webster
New Contributor III
The main issue with DFS channels is that if the AP detects a radar signal at any point in time, it must immediately get off the channel. This triggers the radar-scan for 1 minute before a different channel is selected. You cannot reliably service clients on only DFS channels, you need some non-DFS channels present in your infrastructure.
Furthermore, some radar signals can be fairly wide-band and hit several adjacent channels at the same time, knocking them all off.

Timo1
New Contributor II
France is ETSI.

You can use indoor channel 36-48 without DFS and channel 52-64 and 100-140 with DFS.

If you use a DFS channel, the radio go online with RADAR SCAN for 1 minute (120-128 5 min). If the AP see no primary sender, it start working on the DFS channel. If it see a RADAR you get a log event and the AP check a other channel.

Bin
Extreme Employee
Hi, Stephane.

There is one nice article to explain how to create 5Ghz Wi-Fi channel plan.

https://gtacknowledge.extremenetworks.com/articles/How_To/How-to-create-a-5GHz-WiFi-Channel-Plan/

Best regards,
GTM-P2G8KFN