Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

users connected to the VX9000 and AP7522 cannot connect to the internet

users connected to the VX9000 and AP7522 cannot connect to the internet

boy141
New Contributor II
Hi All,

For the last 362 days, users can connect to the wireless and everything is fine. My hardware is the VX9000 and the AP7522. They are getting IP addresses, but cannot connect out. The wireless AP are connected through VLAN16. The switch port is tagged VLAN16. I plug in my laptop into the switch port, and I get internet traffic. It's the APs that cannot communicate out.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

boy141
New Contributor II
Folks, updating you on the case. We found that 1 of the APs was faulty and decided to reserve the IP addresses. I factory reset it, hung it back up, let the controller control it and it happened again. Will DOA it now.

View solution in original post

18 REPLIES 18

ckelly
Extreme Employee
Can the MC9200 PING *anything* on the network?
If not, then it would seem that the VLAN's traffic either isn't making it off the AP or past the switch.

boy141
New Contributor II
Hi Chris. I assigned a static IP address to a device (MC9200). They are connected to the WIFI, but still cannot reach the internet or the Telnet server.

ckelly
Extreme Employee
If bridging mode is Local, then user traffic is bridge directly at the AP to the VLAN assigned to the WLAN.
As a test, try statically assigning an IP to a client device and see if the device can then use the network as expected. If so, then it would seem to be a DHCP related issue.

boy141
New Contributor II
Bridging Mode is set to Local

ckelly
Extreme Employee
j-crockett - The bridging mode is configured as part of the WLAN configuration. It's either Tunneled or Local.
GTM-P2G8KFN