Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

users connected to the VX9000 and AP7522 cannot connect to the internet

users connected to the VX9000 and AP7522 cannot connect to the internet

boy141
New Contributor II
Hi All,

For the last 362 days, users can connect to the wireless and everything is fine. My hardware is the VX9000 and the AP7522. They are getting IP addresses, but cannot connect out. The wireless AP are connected through VLAN16. The switch port is tagged VLAN16. I plug in my laptop into the switch port, and I get internet traffic. It's the APs that cannot communicate out.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

boy141
New Contributor II
Folks, updating you on the case. We found that 1 of the APs was faulty and decided to reserve the IP addresses. I factory reset it, hung it back up, let the controller control it and it happened again. Will DOA it now.

View solution in original post

18 REPLIES 18

boy141
New Contributor II
I tried to open a ticket but the person is not under maintenance (even though I/we are partners). We were going to redo the maint contract after getting this customer back online.

j-crockett
New Contributor
How can you tell if the APs are tunneled to the controller?

I'm working on this same issue. VLAN 16 is tagged on the AP switchport as well as on the SSID. This was working fine and just stopped. The APs are not forwarding DHCP to the clients. They end up getting a self assigned IP.

DHCP is handed out by the firewall which is connected to the switch in a "router on stick" setup with subinterfaces for each VLAN. Each sub-interface has it's only DHCP server and intrazone traffic is not being blocked.

I assigned a switchport to VLAN 16 and had the client plug in a laptop and he was able to get an IP and Internet access, no problem. So this does not indicate a DHCP issue or DNS issue. It's only when trying to connect on the same VLAN over wireless.

The WLC is setup in an offsite DC connected with a VPN tunnel. As far as I can tell from this setup, the APs are not tunneled back to the WLC. They merely sit on a trunk port with tagged VLANs.

ckelly
Extreme Employee
So you've opened a ticket with GTAC at this point?

boy141
New Contributor II
I've applied the firewall rules. I used the wrong terminalolgy. The VX9000 and APs are bridged. No tunneling. Use case #01425990

ckelly
Extreme Employee
Okay...so if you do an ipconfig /all on one of the wireless clients when they connect, what is the output?
GTM-P2G8KFN