Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virtual controller wing 7.5

Virtual controller wing 7.5

Phil_storey
Contributor

Hi all

decommissioning the RFS and going to set the AP7532 to be a virtual controller. ( All other AP’s are the same model )

under device/configuration / virtual controller I can see the option to set as Virtual Controller AP

If I want to add some redundancy in under Devices/Configuration/system profile / general there is a section  Virtual Controller,

I would like it so that if an AP is acting as the VC and then fails then next in line will take over

The AP for management is on vlan101  there will be two wlans 1.10 on ge1 I have set switchport to trunk mode will allowed vlans 1.10,101

native vlan is set to 101  ( on the network switch the ap connects to Vlan 1 is access vlan and 10,101 are tagged)  do I need to select tagged on ge1 for native vlan 101 and allowed vlans 1,10,101 ?

as the wlans will be locally bridged do you still need the virtual adapter ? currently Virtual interface is set to vlan 1 dhcp

No sure I have explaine myself very well

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Christoph_S
Extreme Employee

Hello Phil,

There already is a GTAC case on this that I own. Sent you the information this morning (NA EST). 

Thank you,

Chris

Christoph S.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Tomasz
Valued Contributor II

Hi,

Tried them all to some extent, WiNG is my personal favourite regarding stability and configuration flexibility, while XIQ has cool UI for management and WLAN insights. But it might always be something small in particular that you need to have working as a feature that other platforms may not support, it can also always be something that this or that solution has issue with, so it’s always good to check with a PoC.

Not sure what kind of issues people have with ex-Aerohive XIQ deployments? On-premise or cloud? That’d be still an annual subscription though.

Hope that helps,

Tomasz

Hodkiewicz
New Contributor

Extreme just acquired Enterasys, Avaya, and Zebra, and I'm wondering if anyone's tried any of these wireless solutions?

I've tried Unifi and Aruba, and they just weren't quite at the level of stability/performance I would have liked.

I looked into Ruckus but 1k for a controller on top of licensing and AP's is quite steep.

I also found many people having issues with Aerohive installations.

I also didn't really like the idea of paying Meraki a subscription fee.

Christoph_S
Extreme Employee

Hello Phil,

There already is a GTAC case on this that I own. Sent you the information this morning (NA EST). 

Thank you,

Chris

Christoph S.
GTM-P2G8KFN