Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VX9000 cannot change AP7522 configuration from VX

VX9000 cannot change AP7522 configuration from VX

MartinM
New Contributor
Hello.
I have a VX9000 with the latest fw 7.9.2.0-010R on which I cannot change the profile for all AP 7522 from fw 7.7.1.8-009R, including the newly adopted ones.
I don't have this problem with AP 310 with the same fw as on the controller.
Do I have to downgrade the fw VX9000 to the AP7522 version, or could the problem be somewhere else?
Not sure if the problem persists after upgrading to 7.9. Until now, there was no need to change AP profiles.
Thank you very much for your help. Martin
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Christoph_S
Extreme Employee

Hello Martin,

The latest software supported on the AP7522 is 7.7.1.8 and to be able to manage those through a VX9000 controller on 7.9.2.0, you'll need to make sure that this command is configured on the controller:

#enforce-version adoption none

Here's an article on same: https://extremeportal.force.com/ExtrArticleDetail?an=000112604

I hope this helps,

Christoph S.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

rmu
New Contributor III

hi martin

this occurs because of the version mismatch.

you can disable the version check with this command:

enforce-version adoption none

> use it in the profile that is used by the controller or as device override

i guess you need to re-adopt the aps (reboot) that they are shown normally in "show adoption status"

nr
rmu

Christoph_S
Extreme Employee

Hello Martin,

The latest software supported on the AP7522 is 7.7.1.8 and to be able to manage those through a VX9000 controller on 7.9.2.0, you'll need to make sure that this command is configured on the controller:

#enforce-version adoption none

Here's an article on same: https://extremeportal.force.com/ExtrArticleDetail?an=000112604

I hope this helps,

Christoph S.

Hi Christoph

I couldn't find exactly this.

Thank you very much.

It worked perfectly.

M.

Smuctingly
New Contributor

Check Release Notes: First, review the release notes for both the VX9000 controller's firmware version (7.9.2.0-010R) and the AP 7522 firmware version (7.7.1.8-009R). Look for any known compatibility issues or recommended firmware combinations.

Contact Support: If you're experiencing issues with profile changes or compatibility, it's a good idea to contact the technical support team for the manufacturer of your wireless equipment. They may have specific insights into this issue and can provide guidance on the best course of action.

Firmware Updates: Consider upgrading the firmware on your AP 7522 access points to a version that is officially supported by your VX9000 controller's firmware (7.9.2.0-010R). Sometimes, updating the firmware on both the controller and the access points can resolve compatibility issues.

Configuration Checks: Double-check your configuration settings on the controller and the APs to ensure there are no conflicts or misconfigurations that could be causing the issue.

Testing: If possible, create a test environment to see if the issue persists after upgrading your controller's firmware to 7.9. It's essential to test in a controlled environment before making changes to your production network.

Backup Configuration: Always make sure to back up your controller's configuration before making any significant changes or upgrades. This way, you can restore your previous settings if something goes wrong during the upgrade process.

Consult Documentation: Consult the official documentation for both your VX9000 controller and AP 7522 access points for guidance on firmware compatibility and configuration.

GTM-P2G8KFN