cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Warehouse wireless coverage with dipoles on 7632e vs. 7632i

Warehouse wireless coverage with dipoles on 7632e vs. 7632i

Eric_Burke
New Contributor III
I've been working on a design for a 253,000 sq. ft. warehouse (~300 x 800) with 36' ceilings (bottom of steel ceiling joists). The original predictive design done with one of our distributors used WiNG 7632i's mounted to the bottom of those joists and we ended up with 35 AP's, roughly 75' apart. I'm concerned about temperature at that height and the "e" version allows for a much higher ambient temp, but would put me into dipoles quite high up (did not budget for separate antennas due to original design). I'm worried about CCI but I also have to contend with the possibility of fully laden shelving at nearly full ceiling height. My question, do you think I'm safe to go with the "e" units with standard dipoles (rubber duck) and use dynamic radio power to control CCI? Is there any benefit to orienting the dipoles to try and limit CCI at the ceiling level?
6 REPLIES 6

Timo1
New Contributor II
I would not recommend rubber ducks for 36' height. I think internal antenna is a downtilt antenna, can't compare with a rubber duck.

Eric_Burke
New Contributor III
That's what I was thinking too, but the temp range on the internal antenna unit is too low at 104f.
GTM-P2G8KFN