cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[WiNG 7.6.0.0-024R, VX9000, AP360e] Captive Portal policy accepts only host ip alias?

[WiNG 7.6.0.0-024R, VX9000, AP360e] Captive Portal policy accepts only host ip alias?

Tomasz
Valued Contributor II

Hi,

I’d like to ask about using aliases to have multiple different captive portal FQDNs in different locations. Assuming AP is the captive portal server.

When configuring Captive Portal Server Host parameter directly, it allows “ip or hostname” and we typically do some nonexistent FQDNs, but creating string alias in an RF-Domain to be put as the parameter gives an error in result. I mean, controller commits ok but the AP returns an error under show adoption status, so I check for config-errors and I get:

vx9000(config)#show adoption config-errors ap360-xxxx
*** (4, '/wing-config/device[mac=AA-BB-CC-DD-EE-FF', "Cannot commit, alias $test of type(s) ['host_alias', 'host_alias'] is undefined.")

When I define a host alias with an IP instead of a string alias, config push is acknowledged by the AP with no issues.

Shouldn’t that be possible?

As a workaround I have recommended the partner to use some static generic hostname instead multiplying captive portal policies to get various FQDNs.

Thanks,

Tomasz

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Gavin_May
Extreme Employee

Hello

Aliases are not currently supported in the Captive Portal Host field / Captive Portal Host command.   For a list of fields that support aliases please refer to page 19 of the WiNG Best Practices and Recommendations document.   The document can be found here….

https://www.extremenetworks.com/support/documentation/wing-5-x-how-to-guides/

Thank You

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Gavin_May
Extreme Employee

Hello

Aliases are not currently supported in the Captive Portal Host field / Captive Portal Host command.   For a list of fields that support aliases please refer to page 19 of the WiNG Best Practices and Recommendations document.   The document can be found here….

https://www.extremenetworks.com/support/documentation/wing-5-x-how-to-guides/

Thank You

GTM-P2G8KFN