cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wing Controller SSL Import

Wing Controller SSL Import

Matt_Compton
New Contributor
Has anyone had any success importing SSL certificate from GoDaddy or other 3rd Party into Wing Controller?

We are able to import from a local CA but no 3rd party certs will work.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

PatrykZ
New Contributor II

Hi Folks,

Just wanted to mention that after an extensive troubleshooting session with the support from GTAC (Many thanks) we finally figure out what was wrong. 

At the beginning I was unable to import a trustpoint until we run crypto key import trustpoint <trustpoint_name> <path> , the custom trustpoint was visible from the controller perspective (Operations → Certificates), however, to distribute the trustpoint to Wing devices you must have a tarball file imported. This part was confusing because we were expecting that no further action is required since there was a trustpoint deployed.

In addition...the tarball file I attempted to upload was messed up because .tar archive was created from a directory containing three files [.prv, .ca, .crt]

The proper way to create a .tar file is by selecting all extracted files and creating a tar archive directly from them (make sure that trustpoint name matches the file names - only file extensions are different)

Once this was done, I was able to download / sync trustpoint with controller and remote AP. 

To synchronize the trustpoint, make sure that the new trustpoint is configured on the specific profiles, otherwise it won’t sync.

Usefull links :

https://extremeportal.force.com/ExtrArticleDetail?an=000082369

https://extremenetworks2com-my.sharepoint.com/personal/ayasin_extremenetworks_com/_layouts/15/onedri...

https://extremeportal.force.com/ExtrArticleDetail?an=000082927

https://extremeportal.force.com/ExtrArticleDetail?an=000082442

https://extremeportal.force.com/ExtrArticleDetail?an=000059384

Below you can find the commands I run to import .tar file

1. to import the tarball file

file-sync load-file trustpoint xyz tftp://x.x.x.x/xyz.tar

2. to check the download status

vx9000-A9B6EC>show file-sync load-file-status
    Download of xyz trustpoint is complete

3. to synchonize the trustpoint with Wing devices
    file-sync trustpoint <trustpoint name> rf-domain XXX

4. to check the sync status
    show file-sync status
    show file-sync history

5. to check if the trustpoint exists on AP/controller etc…
    show crypto pki trustpoints
    show crypto pki trustpoint on <AP/Controller/RF-Domain>

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

PatrykZ
New Contributor II

Hi Folks,

Just wanted to mention that after an extensive troubleshooting session with the support from GTAC (Many thanks) we finally figure out what was wrong. 

At the beginning I was unable to import a trustpoint until we run crypto key import trustpoint <trustpoint_name> <path> , the custom trustpoint was visible from the controller perspective (Operations → Certificates), however, to distribute the trustpoint to Wing devices you must have a tarball file imported. This part was confusing because we were expecting that no further action is required since there was a trustpoint deployed.

In addition...the tarball file I attempted to upload was messed up because .tar archive was created from a directory containing three files [.prv, .ca, .crt]

The proper way to create a .tar file is by selecting all extracted files and creating a tar archive directly from them (make sure that trustpoint name matches the file names - only file extensions are different)

Once this was done, I was able to download / sync trustpoint with controller and remote AP. 

To synchronize the trustpoint, make sure that the new trustpoint is configured on the specific profiles, otherwise it won’t sync.

Usefull links :

https://extremeportal.force.com/ExtrArticleDetail?an=000082369

https://extremenetworks2com-my.sharepoint.com/personal/ayasin_extremenetworks_com/_layouts/15/onedri...

https://extremeportal.force.com/ExtrArticleDetail?an=000082927

https://extremeportal.force.com/ExtrArticleDetail?an=000082442

https://extremeportal.force.com/ExtrArticleDetail?an=000059384

Below you can find the commands I run to import .tar file

file-sync load-file trustpoint xyz tftp://x.x.x.x/xyz.tar

Download of xyz trustpoint is complete

3. to synchonize the trustpoint with Wing devices
    file-sync trustpoint <trustpoint name> rf-domain XXX

4. to check the sync status
    show file-sync status
    show file-sync history

5. to check if the trustpoint exists on AP/controller etc…
    show crypto pki trustpoints
    show crypto pki trustpoint on <AP/Controller/RF-Domain>

PatrykZ
New Contributor II

Hi Folks,

After running crypto key import trustpoint <trustpoint_name> <path>  the custom trustpoint was visible from the controller perspective (Operations → Certificates), however, to distribute the trustpoint to Wing devices you must have a tarball file imported. This part was confusing because we were expecting that no further action is required since there was a trustpoint deployed.

The proper way to create a .tar file is by selecting all extracted files and creating a tar archive directly from them (make sure that trustpoint name matches the file names - only file extension are different)

Once this was done I was able to download / sync trustpoint with controller and remote AP. 

List of commands

file-sync load-file trustpoint xyztftp://x.x.x.x/xyz.tar

Download of wifi4pl trustpoint is complete

3. to synchonize the captive portal
    file-sync trustpoint <trustpoint name> rf-domain xyz

4. to check the status
    show file-sync status
    show file-sync history

PatrykZ
New Contributor II

Hello All,

Since a few days, I’m facing issues with importing a new trustpoint to VX9000 running 7.6.0.0-024R.

Here is what I did:

1. I have received decrypted private key, chained CA, SSL certificate (DigiCert).
  2. I have downloaded a .crl file that was referenced in the SSL certificate.
  3. I have created .tar package containing all the above files with exactly the same filename (only the file extension is different)
  4. I attempted to upload the tarball to the controller as shown below                                                 vx9000-A9B6EC#file-sync load-file trustpoint xyz tftp://10.40.3.66/xyz.tar
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
           CONTROLLER           STATUS                     MESSAGE
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      vx9000-A9B6EC         Success         Successfully initiated load file
    vx9000-A9B6EC#show file-sync load-file-status
    Download of xyztrustpoint is complete
    vx9000-A9B6EC# 

5. I have changed the HTTPS Trustpoint under AP Profile currently assigned to the AP I’m using.                                                                                                                                                         
  6. I have initiated the distribution of the trustpoint to the remote AP                                               vx9000-A9B6EC#file-sync trustpoint xyz rf-domain MGMT-RF
           CONTROLLER         STATUS                     MESSAGE
      00-50-56-A9-B6-EC     Success     Added 1 rf-domain managers for file sync
    vx9000-A9B6EC#show file-sync history | grep 2021-04-14
          ap360-75E08E        done  2021-04-14 23:00:45        0      vx9000-A9B6EC -
          ap360-75E08E      failed  2021-04-14 22:59:55        3      vx9000-A9B6EC Error in loading trustpoint
    vx9000-A9B6EC# 

7. I have verified if the trustpoint has been successfully installed, unfortunately, it seems not                                 

vx9000-A9B6EC#show crypto pki trustpoints all on ap360-75E08E

Trustpoint Name: default-trustpoint        (self signed)
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      CRL present: no
      Server Certificate details:
        Key used:
        Serial Number: 03d8
        Subject Name:
          /CN=AP360-20-9E-F7-75-E0-8E
        Issuer Name:
          /CN=AP360-20-9E-F7-75-E0-8E
        Valid From : Wed Jan  1 00:00:31 2020 UTC
        Valid Until: Sat Dec 29 00:00:31 2029 UTC

vx9000-A9B6EC#

8. I’m not sure what I’m doing wrong here but I’m afraid the tarball I created contains a file which WING doesn’t like :). While looking at below procedure (page 3) I noticed that CA chained certificate must have a specific hierarchy beginning with Intermediate CA 1, 2, Root CA.                                                                                                                                              The decrypted CA chained I have looks like a single cert meaning there is only one section (-----BEGIN CERTIFICATE----- & -----END CERTIFICATE-----). Not sure if this is the problem here...                                                                                                                                  For testing purpose, I have imported the .ca file to my computer and I’m able to see Root CA DigiCert and RapidSSL TLS DV RSA Mixed SHA256 2020 CA-https://extremenetworks2com.sharepoint.com/sites/kcs/Internal/Forms/AllItems.aspx?id=%2Fsites%2Fkcs%...                                                                                                                                          

9. I tried to import a new trustpoint from GUI and I’m getting MEC2000E Major. Cannot Read: Cert ManagedAuthenticate CA Error. Further Details: Invalid CA certificate signature

Any thougts are greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Patryk

Ondrej_Lepa
Extreme Employee
Matt,

I managed to install Comodo certificate without issues

69b7326d7b414f0c8098de2231e9d154_RackMultipart20180326-98327-1oohj3p-Cert_inline.gif

Let me know the case number and I'll take a look if not sorted yet.

Regards,
Ondrej
GTM-P2G8KFN