Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WING mode in IQ Engine 10.2r ?

WING mode in IQ Engine 10.2r ?

Martin8052
New Contributor III

Hello,

as I can read in the release notes of IQ Engine 10.2r1, it should be possible to switch the APs to WING. 

“Multiple Boot Capability: Administrators can reboot devices running IQ Engine 10.2r1 or later to the WiNG operating system.”

But how to do that ? What Cloud APs are supported ? Or is this a feature for future AP or current WING AP which are loaded with IQ Engine ?

regards
Martin

PS: I posted this already some time ago in the ExtremeCloudIQ Forum, but no answer there, so my hope is someone here does know anything about the topic.

4 REPLIES 4

Ovais_Qayyum
Extreme Employee

Hi Martin,

You are correct about AP305C and AP410C profiles on WiNG 7 controllers. These dual boot/universal boot APs and the code that will allow this functionality is not yet available. It's not that far off though, so stay tuned for the announcements.  

Martin8052
New Contributor III

Hello Robert,

thank you for the link, but there I didnt find anything about the feature written in Releasenotes of 10.2r1:

“Multiple Boot Capability: Administrators can reboot devices running IQ Engine 10.2r1 or later to the WiNG operating system.”

I know quite good about the Cloud and Non Cloud Accesspoints, but that is not the question. I have also seen in the current WING 7.4.1.1 of VX9000 there are profiles for AP305C and other “Cloud AP” like AP410C

greetings
Martin

Extreme_Portal_
Extreme Employee

Hello Martin,

I have attached an Extreme Networks Access Point (AP) Matrix sheet that details what APs are supported via Extreme Cloud IQ (XIQ). 

Wing APs natively run Wing OS (v5 or v7). XIQ does support the Wing APs with limited features as of today (e.g. no configuration for Wing via XIQ) We continue to move rapidly regarding Wing and XIQ features. 

Some of the newer WiFi 6 APs have dual personality (e.g. Identifi or Wing).

If using XIQ exclusively, please review the attached and purchase the correct AP model. 

GTM-P2G8KFN