cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wireless Bridge ( AP7532 to AP7532 )

Wireless Bridge ( AP7532 to AP7532 )

Phil_storey
Contributor
I have two AP7532 setup as a wireless bridge, The bridge is working, On the remote side I have installed an ap7131 - I can see the SSID and connect units will get an IP, however the AP is not checking into the RFS7000, If I connect the AP to the local network it does check in

On the AP I have 3 SSID's 1 on vlan1 ( same as the RFS7k ) and 2 on Vlan 10 which leaves the network via a different route.

I can connect to the SSID on VLAN1 and get an IP, the two wifi networks on VLAN 10 are not operational at present as I have to add the VLAN info to the network switch where the AP is

Have I missed something when setting the bridge up ?

21 REPLIES 21

Hmm

It no likey, as there is already default gateway, this is under wing5.8.5

On the RFS Device>network>routing

Hi Steve

under Configuration>Network>Routing is this policy based routing ? or do you mean Devices-configuration- network-Routing ?

Assuming the WLAN is tunnelled - I would suggest adding the VLAN10 Router's address as a static route or D/G on the RFS under Configuration>Network>Routing as it appears that the client's DHCP requests are not being forwarded by the RFS as it does not know how to reach the VLAN10 Router?

I have tested the VLAN 10 at the remote building, If I give myself a static IP and set the DNS etc VLAN 10 works fine, if I then set my device back to DHCP, it gets a new address on VLAN 10 and works, Then I selected forget this network, and set it up on my device, it sees the SSID for VLAN 10 then fails to get an IP address, So for some reason its not getting an IP address quick enough, 
GTM-P2G8KFN