cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Working with WiNG 5.8.5 and a aaa-policy for RADIUS authentication attributes

Working with WiNG 5.8.5 and a aaa-policy for RADIUS authentication attributes

Shay_Weir
New Contributor II
Looking for information on the WiNG 5.8.5 aaa-policy authentication attirbutes, in particular the "attribute location-information". I have multiple sites that I need to uniquely identify based on RADIUS authentication requests.

What exact information is being passed in the authentication request if the attribute location-information is set to" include-always"? RF-Domain name? RF-Domain location?
4 REPLIES 4

Shay_Weir
New Contributor II
I was hoping to just pass along the RF-Domain name as the location. The AP Self has a location of "stock room 3rd floor" or something similar. I cannot go into each AP and change that information for support reasons. IS there a way to just send the RF-Domain name in the RADIUS attributes?

As much i'm aware the priority always go with self.

Adarsha_Sanjeev
Extreme Employee
Hi Shay Weir,

Adding to Ondrej's response

The location-attribute is filled with

1: location configured under self of the device.

2: If location is not configured under self, it looks for location configured under rf-domain.

3: if location in not configured under rf-domain , it will be filled with rf-domain name.

Ondrej_Lepa
Extreme Employee
Hi Shay,

We are using Civil Location Information Format rather than Geospatial Location Information Format.

Looking into captures I done here, the location is being provided based on AP's location.
See configured location for AP

f6b2745c89334fabb6a1f5b623edee6c_RackMultipart20171011-5746-13psea3-location_inline.png

See results seen in RADIUS-Request for Location-Data

f6b2745c89334fabb6a1f5b623edee6c_RackMultipart20171011-130132-9c2lh2-Location-data_inline.png

And Location-Information

f6b2745c89334fabb6a1f5b623edee6c_RackMultipart20171011-72493-1lljg0e-Location-Information_inline.png

You can find little more explanation under IETF RFC5580 here and here

Please find also some an old but gold guide for specific RADIUS attributes under WiNG system.
More documents can be found under this portal link

Regards,
Ondrej
GTM-P2G8KFN