cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Formatting for KB articles

Formatting for KB articles

Richard_Applebe
New Contributor II
Can anything be done for the formatting of the KB articles that are in the process of being posted here? Look at https://community.enterasys.com/enterasys/topics/background_regarding_the_802_1q_tci_priority_bits_and_ip_tos_dscp_bits for an example of what led me to ask this question.
4 REPLIES 4

Richard_Applebe
New Contributor II
The new format looks much better with regard to CLI snippets! Well done!

LindsayR
New Contributor
Hi Richard, Thanks for bringing this to our attention! As we are copying content from our prior KB provider, we have encountered some cases where the content does not present as well here in the HUB. We are taking these instances into account as we consider the format for new topics, and plan to establish a standard for new topics that will overcome these problems. However, for the content that we are migrating from our prior KB provider, we are limited in the changes we can make. I would suggest copy-pasting the contents of an article into a text editor when you encounter this issue, this will allow you to view the content without the text wrap. Again, thank you for bringing this to our attention, we will keep this in mind as we look to set the new standard for topics going forward. Thank You, Lindsay Community Administrator

Richard_Applebe
New Contributor II
I guess the width of the main portion of the article could use some thought. There are two "tables", for lack of a better term, as well as an IP Precedence/DSCP decoder in the article I referenced. They contain the definitions of two bit encoded fields from an IP header and they wrap the information which makes it difficult to read. I am not good enough with web design or coding to offer much of a suggestion for improvement beyond that.

Tamera_Rousseau
New Contributor
Hi Richard. Hopefully we can work together to get the formatting in the best shape it can be. Are you thinking that this format is the better format or are you thinking it should change from this? This is definitely a work in progress and we want to make sure that these articles are in a form that makes sense for our community. Any thoughts you may have would be great! Thank you for your feedback.
GTM-P2G8KFN