cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Install Extreme Management Center v8.5 on My Smart PC?

How to Install Extreme Management Center v8.5 on My Smart PC?

jonathanjone
New Contributor

Hello everyone,

I recently downloaded Extreme Management Center v8.5 from Extreme Networks, and I want to set it up on my Smart PC for network management and monitoring purposes. This is my first time working with an Extreme Networks product, so I’m looking for some guidance to ensure a smooth installation.

What I’ve Tried:

1. Downloaded the Extreme Management Center v8.5 installer from the Extreme Networks support portal.
  2. Installed Java SE 1.8 as required for the application.
  3. Ran the installer and specified the installation directory.
  4. During the database configuration, selected PostgreSQL and entered local instance details.
  5. Tried to complete the installation, but encountered a "Failed to connect to the database" error.

What I Need Help With:

1. Correct Configuration: Best practices for setting up PostgreSQL or an alternative database for use with Extreme Management Center.
  2. Firewall Settings: Any specific Windows Firewall or antivirus exclusions required.
  3. Java Environment Variables: Do I need to set any specific Java environment paths?
  4. Troubleshooting Tips: Any known issues or workarounds for the "Failed to connect to the database" error?

If anyone here has experience installing Extreme Management Center or any other Extreme Networks products, your insights would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance,

Jonathan Jone

0 REPLIES 0
GTM-P2G8KFN