cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lets talk about aquariums

Lets talk about aquariums

strom_tr00per
New Contributor II
I want to talk about aquariums because I want to buy one for my office. I work in an IT company and I like the idea of an aquarium for relaxing the eyes. Is it easy to maintain? What suggestions do you have on that?
5 REPLIES 5

Matthew_Hum
Contributor
There are auto-feeders you can buy that disperse a regulated amount of food at a given interval.

The big problem is keeping the tank clean. It can take time to clean the tank and changing the water or filter can get messy at times. Not something most would typically do on company time. But it does depend on the company. Lots of companies here in Hong Kong/China have fish tanks because of Fung Shui and superstition, so taking care of the fish is a company function.
While there are some different animals and plants you can get to help keep the tank clean, you end up having to go through and clean the fish poop out still.

That said it can be rewarding and provides a nice regular break for those times you are swamped and super stressed. Or piece of mind if you're superstitious.

Source: I took care of my friend's girlfriend's fish because she didn't.

My boss has an aquarium also and keeps it in his office. Bastard. I saw some small aquariums which could fit on my desk and I might get one at a reasonable price.

Drew_C
Valued Contributor III
Good topic for a conversation! I'd like to see more discussions like this.

Well, the weekends are a problem. Aren't the fish able to survive 2 days without eating? For the Holydays there will be someone to feed them
GTM-P2G8KFN