cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XIQ Cloud Only?

XIQ Cloud Only?

jasho
New Contributor

We're (at least I am) thoroughly confused right now. We required an ari-gapped version of netsight and then of EMC and now asked for a similar version of XIQ. We first received an offer for XIQ-PIL-VA-DL and now we received an offer for XIQ-PIL-S-C-PWP.

The first one offered a basic price and a downloadable appliance. The second on is just a price per system/per year and the word SaaS in every second sentence. The sales representative told us, that it's the same.

Is it? The only brief and sensible information on a self-hosted, air gapped management appliance by extreme networks was the sentence "go cloud or die" by 2025 by  user in this community.

@extreme is there and will there be a self-hosted and air-gapped version of XIQ? Is XIQ-PIL-S-C-PWP the right one?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Zdeněk_Pala
Extreme Employee

Hi Jasho.

I am sorry for the confusion. Let me clarify.

XIQ-PIL-S-C-xx = gives you:

• Pilot level device license to the ExtremeCloud IQ cloud (public cloud hosted in GCP / AWS / Azure or on your special hardware on your premises = Cloud Edge)
  • Pilot level device license to ExtremeCloud IQ - Site Engine (connected to ExtremeCloud or air gap deployment, always on premise)

XIQ-PIL-VA-xx = gives you:

• Pilot level device license to the IQVA (on premise limited version of ExtremeCloud IQ)

The new version of NetSight/EMC is called ExtremeCloud IQ - SIte Engine. You will need XIQ-PIL-S-C-xx for features that you used in NetSight.

Regards Zdeněk Pala

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

daniel1
Contributor

Hi jasho,
as stated here in my thread (Solved: XIQ OnPrem / IQVA New Release - Extreme Networks - 92842), Extreme will dump the support for OnPrem version of XIQ.
Which means there will only be Cloud XIQ and no self-hosted / air-gapped version anymore.

Zdeněk_Pala
Extreme Employee

Hi Jasho.

I am sorry for the confusion. Let me clarify.

XIQ-PIL-S-C-xx = gives you:

• Pilot level device license to the ExtremeCloud IQ cloud (public cloud hosted in GCP / AWS / Azure or on your special hardware on your premises = Cloud Edge)
  • Pilot level device license to ExtremeCloud IQ - Site Engine (connected to ExtremeCloud or air gap deployment, always on premise)

XIQ-PIL-VA-xx = gives you:

• Pilot level device license to the IQVA (on premise limited version of ExtremeCloud IQ)

The new version of NetSight/EMC is called ExtremeCloud IQ - SIte Engine. You will need XIQ-PIL-S-C-xx for features that you used in NetSight.

Regards Zdeněk Pala
GTM-P2G8KFN