cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Basic ACL: Switch says ACL doesn't exist when I created it, please help.

Basic ACL: Switch says ACL doesn't exist when I created it, please help.

Arison_Mercado
New Contributor II
Hi Everyone,

I'm trying to create and apply a ACL to a vlan on my switch but when I run the commands it says it doesn't exist.

1. I created the policy by entering: vi PBR_DEFAULTROUTE.pol
I enter a simple a entry and entered :wq! to save. successfully.

2. I typed in ls and it is listed under my files.

-rw-rw-rw- 1 root 0 932 May 19 12:39 PBR_DEFAULTROUTE.pol

3. Saved config on switch

4. I entered check policy PBR_DEFAULTROUTE.pol

# check policy PBR_DEFAULTROUTE.pol
Error: Policy PBR_DEFAULTROUTE.pol does not exist on file

5. Attempt to apply to VLAN

# configure access-list PBR_DEFAULTROUTE.pol vlan "Test_ACL" ingress

.Error: ACL policy PBR_DEFAULTROUTE.pol not found
Configuration failed on backup Node, command execution aborted!

Below is my original post on what I'm trying to accomplish but for this one I'm trying to enable this VLAN.

https://community.extremenetworks.com/extreme/topics/i-need-one-device-to-have-a-specific-ip-default...
13 REPLIES 13

Also, It looks like you deleted the file before applying it. The file extension is used when manipulating the file system... like when you used the rm (remove) command. Then you tried to apply it using the file system extension... see in the log where it tried to add pbr_defaulteroute.pol.pol? So edit policy PBR_DEFAULTROUTE. Then apply it without using the file extension and don't delete it before trying to apply...

It looks like you're still trying to apply the policy using the file extension (.pol). Leave that part out, it is implied.

I did both ways and both indicated that the file is not found, Im at a lost on why this is happening. Here are my logs

05/19/2015 13:16:12.40 Slot-1: Policy /config/PBR_DEFAULTROUTE.pol.pol does not exist on file system.

05/19/2015 13:14:52.65 Slot-1: 172.17.57.56 (telnet) admin: edit policy PBR_DEFAULTROUTE

05/19/2015 13:14:32.26 Slot-1: 172.17.x.x(telnet) admin: rm pbr_defaultroute.pol
05/19/2015 13:13:40.08 Slot-1: 172.17.x.x (telnet) admin: configure access-list pbr_defaultroute.pol vlan "Test_ACL" ingress

05/19/2015 13:13:27.25 Slot-2: Policy /config/pbr_defaultroute.pol.pol does not exist on file system.

05/19/2015 13:12:55.23 Slot-1: Policy /config/pbr_defaultroute.pol.pol does not exist on file system.

Hernandez__Josh
Extreme Employee
Arison,

You should not have to enter the policy name with .pol extension. Try it with just the policy name and no extension
GTM-P2G8KFN