cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Block MU to MU traffic AP filter rule

Block MU to MU traffic AP filter rule

Frank11
New Contributor
I know you can Block MU to MU traffic if you route wireless traffic through the controller.

If you use the "Bridge @ AP" topology can you Block MU to MU traffic via Access Point filter rules?
7 REPLIES 7

Hartmut Sachse, can you send me yours users guide?

Frank11
New Contributor
We only have one controller (C4110). Currently we do have a student vlan which is B@HWC and the option "Block MU to MU traffic" ticked, but would like to have it set at B@AP and use AP filtering rules to achieve the same effect if that is possible.

John_Kaftan
New Contributor III
Even if you are doing B@HWC you can only block mu to mu traffic for end systems on the same controller. We have multiple controllers and end systems can talk to other end systems on the other controller if block mu to mu is on. To accomplish what you are trying to do you can create a rule that denys traffic to the subnet the end systems are on. This will work, I've tried it. They wont be able to ping their gateway but they will be able to traverse the gateway because the gateway is never the destination. These days end systems dont really have to talk to each other directly. If that is true for your network you'll be fine. If not you can make exceptions.
GTM-P2G8KFN