cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Brocade VDX6740T ntp not synchronizing

Brocade VDX6740T ntp not synchronizing

jderington
New Contributor
We changed our NTP servers to a new address in our network. I changed all the network devices to this new server and they all have gotten the new time. We have mostly Cisco but we have 2 Brocade VDX6740T's and they will not receive the correct time. I have removed the old servers and added the 2 new ones but it's many hours off. Am I supposed to do anything to make it sync with the servers? I have included some show commands below that might help. Something that seems odd to me after looking it up is the "sh ntp status" output, it has LOCL, should that still be LOCL when it's synced with an NTP server?
code:
VDX6740T# sh run | inc ntp
ntp server 10.xx.x.10
ntp server 10.xx.x.12
VDX6740T# sh clock
rbridge-id 2: 2019-10-09 07:57:51 Europe/Berlin (at this time my computer says 11:43)
VDX6740T# sh ntp status
rbridge-id 2: active ntp server is LOCL
VDX6740T#

Thanks in advance for the help!
7 REPLIES 7

SamPirok
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Just to clarify, when you say they are stacked, are you using VCS? It’s similar to stacking but VDX doesn’t technically have stacks per say. I just want to make sure I’m understanding you correctly. 

Thank you for those outputs as well. Could you tell me what software version you’re using? 

Also, could you tell me if you’re able to ping the NTP server from each VDX?

jderington
New Contributor

of course, I’ll just post here with the hostnames and IPs changed. That way anyone that searches can find the solution as well

BROCADE_SWITCH# show run ntp
ntp server 10.20.4.10
ntp server 10.20.4.11
BROCADE_SWITCH# show run fabric
fabric route mcast rbridge-id 1

FYI: Not sure if that’s important for this but this switch is stacked with another.

SamPirok
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Could you send the output for the following commands? These should help us determine what is being used: 

show run ntp

show run fabric

If you’d rather send the output to me directly, please feel free to email me directly at community@extremenetworks.com. 

jderington
New Contributor

Hey! Thanks for your reply. I am actually not sure what i’m using for the source interface. I don’t see anything set for ntp other than the servers. I see I can set chassis-ip or mm-ip as the source with the ntp command but I don’t know if either of those are set to anything.

GTM-P2G8KFN