cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

C2G124-48 - In Boot Menu Stuck - NEED Xcode.bin because the complete flash memory is wiped bymistake

C2G124-48 - In Boot Menu Stuck - NEED Xcode.bin because the complete flash memory is wiped bymistake

Faheem_Wahid
New Contributor
I have C2G124-48 Entrasys Switch. Bymistakenly we have deleted the boot code and cause of that - i lost bootcode, firmware and the configuration - i do have the firmware and configuration but i dont have the boot code - after lots of research - i understood - i need a boot code file which is xcode.bin

so can someone send me a link for this file and procedure, how to upload this file. i have hyper term, tera term, putty and all the cables - only need a boot code file and instruction.

thank you so much,

much appreciated.
6 REPLIES 6

Mike_D
Extreme Employee

Hello Faheem,

As noted by Jeremy, the boot loader will allow you to load firmware if it's been somehow corrupted.
If the boot menu is unavailable, no field recovery is possible.
In such circumstances resolution via GTAC would be limited to hardware swap or return for repair.

Regards,
Mike

Jeremy_Gibbs
Contributor
I think you just need the firmware. You can get that from extranet.extremenetworks.com. Or call GTAC and they will prob send you the code. You will need to transfer it from the boot menu via xmodem. At least I have had to do that in the past. Never heard of xcode.bin
GTM-P2G8KFN