cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Heatmaps

Heatmaps

systemscsn
Valued Contributor

Anyone else here, want the ability to say how high up each AP is installed? and also whether its mounted on a wall or a ceiling?

I know I do.

We can have two offices here with different ceiling heights, and being stuck with setting a single height cant produce as accurate as possible heatmaps, can it?

Also, if its mounted on a wall, vertically, it has got to have a different heatmap than if it was mounted on a ceiling horizontally, right?

I cant be the first to ask this, so is there a chance this will ever happen?  Heatmaps are very, very useful for helping to diagnose and troubleshoot potential issues, and I know having the above would probably help us out more.

i wasn't even told how important heatmaps were, and only found out after going through hell issues, which have thankfully been resolved. But now I have quite a few of my building plans done, those heatmaps have helped me understand some complex issues.

Anyone else curious about this?

12 REPLIES 12

Brian_Anderson1
Contributor

If you click the Edit button by the floor name on the left hand side of Cloud IQ, you can set AP installation height per floor there.  When you create your floor map, image etc, it is there too.

systemscsn
Valued Contributor

AWESOME!

Thanks Brian.  Also being able to set individual heights per AP (or set it globally if you have a building with all the same ceiling heights).

J.

Brian_Anderson1
Contributor

I 2nd the ap orientation feature :).

systemscsn
Valued Contributor

Have you ever thought to have this feature request thing within the community page (here basically)?  Its just if we submit a feature request via email to our SE, we never know the status of that request, and whether other people have asked for the same feature.  Know what i mean?

Thanks, Jason.

systemscsn
Valued Contributor

I think I may know who it is.  But I have no problem saying who and where we are, so you could check that (Thank you for this, appreciated).  I work for Community School of Naples, in Naples, Florida.

I think the persons name is Adam Clegg, but in checking my emails, he had included a couple of other people, so it may be one of them (im really not sure, and so you will clear that up for me) who is the SE (sales engineer, support engineer, ? sorry, not sure what SE stands for.

Thanks again Sam.

Best, Jason.

GTM-P2G8KFN