Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to enable Wake-on-LAN with NetLogin

How to enable Wake-on-LAN with NetLogin

Chacko
Contributor

Hi,

we have a request to make WoL possible in our network.
I already found that aritcle: https://extremeportal.force.com/ExtrArticleDetail?an=000082951
but I have a few issues:

• The first method doesn't work here. I can see, that "show udp-profile" forwards traffic to my dummy-vlan, but the device doesn't wake up. If I send out the WoL packet, when the computer is on, my wireshark can see the incoming WoL packet. I did all the commands, which are described for that method
  • The second method is not applicable, because we don't want to edit scripts on the switch, when changing a netlogin-port - that is simply too much
  • The third method is not applicable, because most of our switches doesn't support OnePolicy

I'm sure that I am not the only one who experience these issues - has anyone a working solution for that scenario?

Best Regards
Chacko

7 REPLIES 7

Hi, where do I exactly need to enable that?
We have a NetLogin-VLAN without an IP address and a few Layer-3 VLANs where the clients are assigned to.
BR
Chacko

davidj_cogliane
Contributor
Windows 10 seems to disable will by default. It has to do with a default power setting and can be fixed with a gpo. Not sure if this is part of your issue or not, but thought it was worth mentioning.

Hi,

ok, good to know.

But I do the testing with Windows 7.
When I configure the test-port without netlogin, the WoL instantly wakes up the computer.

BR
Chacko
GTM-P2G8KFN