cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In NetSight already cleared traps keep coming back.

In NetSight already cleared traps keep coming back.

Armin_Otten
New Contributor
After updating to Netsight 5.0.0.252 we have the problem that all traps keep coming back. If the traps are acknowleged today, tomorrow they are not acknowleged anymore. And each time this happens the alarms are ringing. I think we tried almost every setting, but nothing seems to help. What can we do to keep the traps acknowleged?
13 REPLIES 13

Jason_Parker
Contributor
Armin, I am glad the issue has been resolved (from what I have read). I would test the traps again and let me know your results after the test has been run. Try "SET PORT TRAP X.X ENABLE) AND TRY A LINK UP OR DOWN ON THE PORT). The settings in the display of each of the fields (example:syslog or traps)you were looking at such as traps vs. syslogs would be different to report the path to which the event is directed. Please let me know if you have any further issues. Thanks Jason

Armin_Otten
New Contributor
I am now in the Event View Manager, and there ist this list of available log managers. The parameters for the Traps Manager show: %logdir%traps. Is that OK? All other managers only have %logdir% without anything extra.

Armin_Otten
New Contributor
Hi, here now something new. after we did the reboot, the traps did not come back. Even more, the are really gone from the trap log file.(console is OK) The logfile now only shows entries back up to 11/05/2013 17:00. That is about the time of the reboot. All entries before that are gone. (Yes, I did use the hide/unhide button) The first entry is, unable to find logfile. So I think we should fix this, and then we should test if the problem still exists.

Armin_Otten
New Contributor
OK, I have not seen this before either. This problem started after the update. Just now we acknowledged all traps, and are now rebooting the Server. Let me know if you need logs or something else.
GTM-P2G8KFN