LACP between PaloAlto and ExOS, and then VLAN

LACP between PaloAlto and ExOS, and then VLAN

modris_bernands
New Contributor II
We have:
- PaloAlto PA-500 (firewall/router)
- Extreme X350-48 ver.12.6.2.10

For now we have individual cable for each vlan. like this picture

f176e4d053fb47b4a548eb89ba21906a_RackMultipart20160708-9309-1v6msxb-Tagad_inline.png

But we need more vlans, more than physical ports on PaloAlto, for that I try configure something like this.

f176e4d053fb47b4a548eb89ba21906a_RackMultipart20160708-64702-rrhwlm-Vajag2_inline.png

On PaloAlto I already configure Aggregate group and create subinterfaces for each vlan. And now stuck on ExOS.
Start reading conceptbook and find that i need LAG, then LACP and then ... i'm lost.

My questions:
1) Is possible this configuration between these two devices?
2) How to configure LAG, LACP and attach vlans on it? (it's on X350)

I'm completely newbie in LAG, LACP terminology. Welcome to correct me!
What additional information may help me on this?
7 REPLIES 7

why EXOS is so similar to DLink Cli?

Nick_Yakimenko
New Contributor II
Consider a LACP LAG as one physical link, so all vlans should be tagged on both sides of one physical link.

AnonymousM
Valued Contributor II
enable sharing port grouping port_list {algorithm [address-based {L2 | L3 | L3_L4
| custom} | port-based }]} {lacp | health-check}

Enables the switch to configure port link aggregation, or load sharing. By using link aggregation, you
use multiple ports as a single logical port. Link aggregation also provides redundancy because traffic is
redistributed to the remaining ports in the LAG if one port in the group goes down. LACP allows the
system to dynamically configure the LAGs.

The port-based keyword was added to the command to support the creation of port-based load
sharing groups.

For more details you can lookup EXOS User Guide or the Command Reference Guide
http://extremenetworks.com/support/documentation/

GTM-P2G8KFN