Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loop Problem

Loop Problem

Uber_Londono
New Contributor
Hello folks,
I need interconnect many extreme Switch, when try to connect Sw1 and Sw2, (See picture), A broadcast storm block both Switchs, I have many Vlans and the ports are in trunk Mode.
Which is the way to interconnect two Extreme Switch, I need LACP?. The STP is disabled.

efb2c9b2d0d44f9c9f08a436f78ff1d7_RackMultipart20150427-21880-qkh0bk-Extreme_inline.png

Thanks in advance for your Help
9 REPLIES 9

Kawawa
Extreme Employee
Hi, this is how you would generally configure your ERPS ring. I'd advise you reference the XOS User Guide that's available on the Extreme Website from page 1029 onward. Otherwise, the below configuration is the basic ERPS setup

create vlan tag
create vlan tag You'll need to add your control ports that will handle East and West traffic in the ERPS ring to your Control VLAN

create erps
configure erps add control
configure add protected
configure protection-port
configure ring-port east
configure ring-port west enable erps enable erps
You'll do something similar on all three switches making sure all you ring ports can communicate with each other. If this is a little cumbersome, you can configure an MLAG/vPC as Marco has outlined below. Regards

Thanks Kawawa,
Yes please I need some Examples, The ERPS ring will be, between Cisco and SW1 and SW2?, The Cisco administrator need do something in your device?.
Thanks

PARTHIBAN_CHINN
Contributor
PVST+ in extreme should be the best solution with cisco.

Uber_Londono
New Contributor
Thanks Michael for reply,
The core switch is a Cisco 6509, I need connect Sw1 and Sw2 because do not have an Advanced Edge Licence and Sw1 is Default Gateway for servers in my Vlans.
One question more, if I have a VRRP Licence don´t have to connect SW1 and SW2, right?

Thanks again

Michael_Kirchne
Contributor
From my point of view you need STP. Maybe EAPS (Ring Topology) could be a solution, depends on the scenario. What Switch is the Core Switch? Also Extreme? What type?

And Why do you want a interconnect of SW1 and SW2 with all the VLANS? Do you want to avoid downtime if the core fails or what is your idea behind this?

Best Regards
Michael
GTM-P2G8KFN