cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need some help with EAPS rings design

Need some help with EAPS rings design

Edison
New Contributor II
Hi, I need some help with EAPS rings design. My network is working now as the next image shows.

abde2d71b3724ff4b5ab1749a82aea65_RackMultipart20161031-82579-6qt0j8-Recent_EAPS_inline.jpg

In the last months we have implemented some redundancy links but not yet with EAPS rings, and now I want to do it because we have many clients that we give to them Layer 2 service and EAPS would help us a lot with the service quality. The physical connections are like the next image I show.

abde2d71b3724ff4b5ab1749a82aea65_RackMultipart20161031-38415-8igggb-Physical_Connection_inline.jpg

In the topology I show some switches BDCOMs that support also EAPS rings,I made a test that it works with Extremes but if any of you have experienced please share it with me.

I have designed other rings and I have divided Original ring 3 into ring 3 and ring 13, changing some Licenses of course. I showed this design int the last picture.

I havent found exact information about limitation of EAPS, I remember that I received a training and the teacher told us of a specific topology that EAPS cant work in, I dont remember how it was, so I want to ask you about the possibility of implementing the topology I am planning, , especially RING 8 and RING 9, If not possible I cant ask to change the liks to connect to another switch. All the switchs are located in different places.

abde2d71b3724ff4b5ab1749a82aea65_RackMultipart20161031-5763-pllrs9-EAPS_Planned_inline.jpg

Thanks in advance.

6 REPLIES 6

I think that this should work. I didn't checked all of the possible options but at first sight I now don't see any rule violations.
Make sure that none of the secondary ports point to an EAPS shared ports.
Basically Ring 6 is similar to Ring 5 and 8 with only one extra switch.
I see a brown dotted line between switch 2 and 5. I think that should no be there, right?
If possible, before deploying this, I should say that you perform a good couple of different fail-over tests to validate the different scenarios.

Edison
New Contributor II
Hi Ron thankf for information, I have made a version 2 of my design where I have made new connectiont that I think are possible, removed some shared ports and delete R13 and show information about Masters, Controllers and Partners .

My doubt is about RING 6 (SW2-SW3-SW4-SW13) it will works fine? Or Id better ask for new connection with Sw5 or SW3 to make a new Ring?, apart from this, the rest of the topology is it ok?

db9a99715502499992a11ce66afc99e7_RackMultipart20161031-103193-11wg9n2-EAPS_Planned_v2_inline.jpg

GTM-P2G8KFN