cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Policy Control Console for wireless clients?

Policy Control Console for wireless clients?

James_A
Valued Contributor
We have a fleet of Apple TVs in classrooms, and would like to let teachers allow individual students access to them to project from their iPads. PCC seems like the thing to use, but I had a look and it's only for switch ports. Ideally I'd like a webpage where a teacher can select a student and apply a policy allowing them access to the Apple TV. We also have a guest network and Apple TVs in meeting rooms this would be useful for.
8 REPLIES 8

Hi there! If you were able to get the answer to your question, it would be great if you could update us in the community. Thank you!!

I'm at jandrewartha@ccgs.wa.edu.au

Francois_Scheun
New Contributor III
Hi James I issued a request for a similar implimentation, as this requirement came up at a private school here in South Africa. The issue at the moment, as you've mentioned, is that the policy is applied to a port. In wireless terms, this obviously means that an entire SSID will be impacted. As per the guys in Salem, a rearchitecture of PCC will be required to allow admin users, or tachers in this case, to apply role based policy through PCC. I've recommended a temporary workaround in that, teachers can change the group membership of a given student through the OneView GUI. It's not perfect, but fairly simple and equally effective. Please let me know should you hear or come up with any other suggestions. Kind Regards Francois

Tamera_Rousseau
New Contributor
Hi James, this is a really great question. I've seen a few folks do this. There are many education folks here in the community so I'm sure you will get some suggestions, but I am going to reach out to a few folks as well.
GTM-P2G8KFN