cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SPINE-LEAF topologies and x670-G2 switches

SPINE-LEAF topologies and x670-G2 switches

SDN
New Contributor
Can a Fabric with a SPINE-LEAF topology be built with Extreme Networks Summit x670-G2 switches? Is there any associated Beta functionality?
4 REPLIES 4

SDN
New Contributor

Rather than suggesting some functionality. I try to identify the possibility of designing a Fabric with a SPINE-LEAF topology with Extreme Networks Summit x670-G2 switches and the associated current functionalities. Or alternatively have a perspective, as they would be developing or incorporating the mentioned in the near future (such as: Roadmap / Beta). I appreciate the answers you can give me.

Stephane_Grosj1
Extreme Employee
In short the answer is yes, depending on a few things to clarify: - What type of fabric to you want to build? L2 or L3? - If L3, what design do you look for (not the topology, but rather the L3 protocol specifics) - The term fabric may suggest some kind of automation, what do you expect?

BrandonC
Extreme Employee
I think you may be interested in the new ExtremeFabric functionality in EXOS 22.2. Take a look at the ExtremeFabric Release Notes, as well as the GNS3 Project that we have developed as an example.

Drew_C
Valued Contributor III
Hello,
I've updated this topic to better fit the flow of our community. The subject line is best if kept short and to the point. Use the full description/body of the topic to ask the question.
GTM-P2G8KFN