cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

We just search for SFP ports and SFP+ ports for Extreme switch , and is confused about the genuine one and third party one.

We just search for SFP ports and SFP+ ports for Extreme switch , and is confused about the genuine one and third party one.

Marie
New Contributor
We have Extreme device that need SFP's and SFP+'s, but we just confused about the genuine and third party one. Someone who manufacture the third party one has sent me free sample to test, and it works well.
So, the the genuine one or third party one?
10 REPLIES 10

Mareen
New Contributor
Well if the 3rd Party ones are working, why not, I had a issue few weeks ago with the new X620 switch an 3rd Party SFP+. The DDMI couldnĀ“t be read out properly but the connection was workin the Link came up. But keep in mind Extreme will not Support these kind of 3rd party SFP if there is any trouble you are getting no help.

Marie
New Contributor
yes, thanks

EtherMAN
Contributor III
LOL Marie, I thought I answered that when I said we use 100% Extreme OAM optics.... we have about 6000 active ports. We determined that what ever cost savings we were getting by going to the grey market optics was lost due to problems here and there...

Marie
New Contributor
Thanks!
And do you have any believable third party optics vendors ?
GTM-P2G8KFN