cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

What is the most appropriate network design for this topology?

What is the most appropriate network design for this topology?

Ilya_Semenov
Contributor
Hello, everybody!

I have a task to totally redesign a huge network which consists of about 150 switches (old enterprise CISCOs). Everything is located at factory's territory. Take a look at the attached picture, this is a classic "star" topology. It's current topology.

The core of the network will be located in two separated DPC, there will be about 300 meters between them (Now it's two 6509 bounded by VSS in a same location).

I will replace all cores, distribution and 90% of access switches.

The main goal is to optimize bandwidth and increase redundancy and fail-tolerance to maximum level.

What is the most suitable topology for these goals?

Could Extreme offer something more than MLAG for core, stacks for distribution and LAGs everywhere?

I wonder how Extreme Fabric is suitable here, but there is no any success stories around...

cfe274d0c73c4e35bd91c05b96aae244_RackMultipart20170817-24417-trqivc-LogicalScheme_inline.jpg

Any ideas?

Many thanks in advance,

Ilya
22 REPLIES 22

dflouret
Extreme Employee
Ilya,

All SE's in Extreme have received training and should be able to explain how SPB works, at least in a high-level way. If you need deep, detailed technical information, you should look for a former Avaya (now Extreme) SE. They have been selling and installing it for quite some time.

Regarding buying it, you should look for a former Avaya (now Extreme) Partner, as existing Extreme Partners still don't have the knowledge to sell this.

Remember that we closed the purchase of the Avaya Networking Business just one month ago. We can do miracles, but sometimes it takes a bit over 30 days... ;=)

Bin
Extreme Employee
Hi llya, Agree with Daniel and Roger and we will support Fabric attach in EXOS.

Illya, let me add to this: Fabric Attach is a capability that is using LLDP TLV extensions. XOS already supports LLDP, thus the work is not that huge. I trust the team that they can deliver to what they signed up for.

Illya, as an SE I'm not in a position to promise you anything related to the development of EXOS, but I hope we can surprise you by delivering on our promise of having Fabric Attach in the next release of EXOS.

Guys, I LOVE exteme's switches and wifi cause I have a great experience with these devices. I am not sure about Avaya.

At the moment summit switches are not ready to be edge for avaya fabric. Local team said: "an interaction between avaya fb + summit will be available in coming EXOS release" - i don't believe them. It will take at least a year.
GTM-P2G8KFN