cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

What is the most appropriate network design for this topology?

What is the most appropriate network design for this topology?

Ilya_Semenov
Contributor
Hello, everybody!

I have a task to totally redesign a huge network which consists of about 150 switches (old enterprise CISCOs). Everything is located at factory's territory. Take a look at the attached picture, this is a classic "star" topology. It's current topology.

The core of the network will be located in two separated DPC, there will be about 300 meters between them (Now it's two 6509 bounded by VSS in a same location).

I will replace all cores, distribution and 90% of access switches.

The main goal is to optimize bandwidth and increase redundancy and fail-tolerance to maximum level.

What is the most suitable topology for these goals?

Could Extreme offer something more than MLAG for core, stacks for distribution and LAGs everywhere?

I wonder how Extreme Fabric is suitable here, but there is no any success stories around...

cfe274d0c73c4e35bd91c05b96aae244_RackMultipart20170817-24417-trqivc-LogicalScheme_inline.jpg

Any ideas?

Many thanks in advance,

Ilya
22 REPLIES 22

Over 1400 SPB networks are running flawlessly and customers are very happy about their solution. I am sure many of those customers would be happy to be a reference for your customer. The Extreme SPB fabric solutions scales easily to 500 fabric switches, so your topology can be addressed without any scaling concerns.

Ilya,

The first step in changing a customer's perception is to get the right people in front of them. Perhaps we can work together to do this. What country is the customer in, so we can figure out who the right people are to work with you and the customer.

Regards,

Dinesh

Daniel,

I am a Partner. The problem is customers don't believe in Avaya Networking. I hope you will change it.

Ilya_Semenov
Contributor
Hi, everybody,

It seems like I've found a solution!

Full-mesh VPLS for Distribution and Core switches.

Unfortunately, I've never did it. Delving into EXOS_User_Guide now....

May be there are some success cases in GTACs articles?

Thanks, Stephane!

I'll ask the local team for helping me in preparing a correct specification.
GTM-P2G8KFN