cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wireless CTP tunnel

Wireless CTP tunnel

Valdes__Victor_
New Contributor
We have Enterasys APs (3705i, 3710i & 3710e) attached to a C25 controller. They have a static IP and everything seemed to work fine but when I look at the Active Wireless Report, I can see that the tunnel duration on some AP's is lost. At first I thought they were resetting but they aren't. Out topologies are B@AP and the client is not loosing any service but that behavior is not ok. The firmware we are running is 08.32.03.0002.
5 REPLIES 5

Doug
Extreme Employee
Hello,

One thing to check that we see come up from time to time that displays this type of behaviour would be speed and duplex settings. If you are plug the access point into a port that's 10/100 you should hard set both the switch port and the ap via the ap properties drop down box (default auto) to 100-full duplex. If the port is a triple speed 10/100/1000 the ap's auto mode should link up correctly at 1000-full.

-Doug

Doug Hyde
Director, Technical Support / Extreme Networks

nmartine
New Contributor
I have to say my customers has C20, 4110 and C25 controllers, I though this is not a hardware problem because of the different hardware types and the years that they were created, the AP's IP's are fixed too then they don't depends of a DHCP, I though the wireless problems are present since a long time ago, sometimes impacts more than other times.

nmartine
New Contributor
Hello, I have the same issue with two customers, the AP's are on the same subnet than the WC, I thought the problem is not new, the problem is presented in a daily basis, not all the AP's present the same problem but many of them presents it. We have the same new version than Victor.

Valdes__Victor_
New Contributor
The wireless Controller and APs are on the same vlan (Vlan 6) and the controller gave DHCP to the APs (it is disabled at this time because we fixed the IP's to the AP's) It's a new installation It happens every minute or two (random AP's) Not all of them are affected at the same time (the AP's with most clients attached to them usually loose the tunnel to the EWC) I'll collect the mirror traffic and send it to the GTAC. I've already opened a case. Thanks for the tip
GTM-P2G8KFN