Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

telnet automation from Black daimond

telnet automation from Black daimond

EtherNation_Use
Contributor II
Create Date: Dec 14 2012 9:07AM

Hi,

i want to push configuration automatically through Black daimond to edge switches. can anyone help me with the script? (from Santhosh_Kumar)
4 REPLIES 4

EtherNation_Use
Contributor II
Create Date: Dec 19 2012 6:10PM

I did check and we can't have a switch do that to another switch.

You may be able to place a message into the BD log that would go to a syslog server and then use the XML API to send commands from the syslog server to the switches.

P (from Paul_Russo)

EtherNation_Use
Contributor II
Create Date: Dec 18 2012 11:55PM

HmHmm so what you want to do is use UPM to launch at a particular time to telnet to the edge switch And disable ports right?

I don't think that is possible. We can open the telnet but it can't enter the commands then close the telnet.

I will check to be sure.
p (from Paul_Russo)

EtherNation_Use
Contributor II
Create Date: Dec 17 2012 4:21PM

Hi P,

Thanks for the reply, actually i have to shutdown access ports in Summit X350 edge switches every day on a particular time for example 10pm to 5am. So i wanted to do the automation through UPM and where i could not able to configure UPM triggers so i have planned to push enable/disable port commands through Black Daimond Core switch. Please help me in this regard.

X-350 has Xos 12.6
(from Santhosh_Kumar)

EtherNation_Use
Contributor II
Create Date: Dec 14 2012 12:07PM

Can you please give more detail as to what you want to accomplish? Why do you want the BD to send the config to the edge?

thanks
p (from Paul_Russo)
GTM-P2G8KFN