Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Workflow with interaction to load a file

Workflow with interaction to load a file

Miguel-Angel_RO
Valued Contributor II

Hi Guys,

Do you know if it is possible to make an interactive workflow where we can load a file available on my computer?

The purpose is to provide reference data to the workflow to provision static channels 2.4GHz/5GHz on APs.

The APs are adopted by an XCC and the XCC is integrated with XMC

Thanks

Mig

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Miguel-Angel_RO
Valued Contributor II

Stephan,

I was thinking on it  and the workflows are there for automation, meaning background task...so it shouldn’t be interactive.

I’ll use a python script for the interactivity, we can define variables and I will try with a cpoy/paste of the txt file in it.

Thanks

Mig

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Miguel-Angel_RO
Valued Contributor II

Stephan,

Ideally I would start the workflow and upload via a menu the file located on my PC.

If not possible I can upload the file to the XMC server and reference it from the workflow but I would like to avoid this solution.

My goal is to give access to this workflow to a customer and it can be difficult to explain the process to upload and rename a file on the XMC server 5325433ed0ac42b48912a79505d2e33f_1f913.png

Thanks

Mig

StephanH
Valued Contributor III

Hello Mig,

can you explain “interactive” in more detail? 

Does the file have to be on your PC or can you copy the file e.g. to a shared Windows folder which can be integrated into the XMC?

Regards

Stephan

Regards Stephan
GTM-P2G8KFN