Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extreme VM Host OS udating

Extreme VM Host OS udating

graemedench
New Contributor
Hi
Hopefully someone can give me a guide or answer to this. Most of the VMs - NAC, XMC and Analytics run on Ubuntu . Is there a guide to carrying out the OS updates i.e. things to do or Not do etc ?  We have had issues in the past where the SNMP configs have been overwritten and broken things so we are cautious on how to proceed. I have had a look but I cant see anything related to this but please point me if I'm missing it. 

Many Thanks
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Robert_Haynes
Extreme Employee
Our general GTAC KB article on the in's and out's of upgrading the XMC portfolio can be found @ HOW TO Guide to Upgrading Extreme Management Center, Extreme Control and Extreme Analytics. ​

The general process to upgrade remains the same to use the .bin image to upgrade a current deployment in place. Now should an issue arise for which you would need support, please consider opening a GTAC support ticket at that time.

If you have made custom changes to the OS, for whatever reasons, please understand those changes may be lost on upgrade. If you are using your own Ubuntu OS deployment and installing XMC on it - upgrading and maintaining the OS would be your responsibility.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Robert_Haynes
Extreme Employee
Our general GTAC KB article on the in's and out's of upgrading the XMC portfolio can be found @ HOW TO Guide to Upgrading Extreme Management Center, Extreme Control and Extreme Analytics. ​

The general process to upgrade remains the same to use the .bin image to upgrade a current deployment in place. Now should an issue arise for which you would need support, please consider opening a GTAC support ticket at that time.

If you have made custom changes to the OS, for whatever reasons, please understand those changes may be lost on upgrade. If you are using your own Ubuntu OS deployment and installing XMC on it - upgrading and maintaining the OS would be your responsibility.
GTM-P2G8KFN