cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Real-Time Monitoring of Cloud Services Using Extreme Networks Solutions?

Real-Time Monitoring of Cloud Services Using Extreme Networks Solutions?

leoarthur
New Contributor

Hi everyone,

I’m currently managing a network that relies heavily on cloud services for critical operations, and I’m looking to enhance our real-time monitoring capabilities. I’ve heard that Extreme Networks offers some robust solutions for this, but I’m not entirely sure where to start.

Here are a few specific questions I have:

1. Which Extreme Networks tools or features are best suited for real-time monitoring of cloud services? I’m particularly interested in understanding performance metrics and detecting any potential issues before they escalate.
  2. How easy is it to integrate Extreme Networks monitoring with cloud platforms like AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud? Are there any best practices or configurations that I should be aware of?
  3. What kind of real-time alerts can I set up? I’d like to receive immediate notifications for things like latency spikes, downtime, or any unusual activity that could affect our cloud services.
  4. Has anyone here successfully implemented this? I’d love to hear about your experiences, any challenges you faced, and how you resolved them.

Looking forward to your insights and recommendations!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

florence023
New Contributor II

@leoarthur wrote:

Hi everyone,

I’m currently managing a network that relies heavily on cloud services for critical operations, and I’m looking to enhance our real-time monitoring capabilities. I’ve heard that Extreme Networks offers some robust solutions for this, but I’m not entirely sure where to start. HPInstantInk

1. Which Extreme Networks tools or features are best suited for real-time monitoring of cloud services? I’m particularly interested in understanding performance metrics and detecting any potential issues before they escalate.
  2. How easy is it to integrate Extreme Networks monitoring with cloud platforms like AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud? Are there any best practices or configurations that I should be aware of?
  3. What kind of real-time alerts can I set up? I’d like to receive immediate notifications for things like latency spikes, downtime, or any unusual activity that could affect our cloud services.
  4. Has anyone here successfully implemented this? I’d love to hear about your experiences, any challenges you faced, and how you resolved them.

Hello,

Hi there!

Extreme Networks Tools for Real-Time Monitoring
ExtremeCloud IQ is a powerful tool from Extreme Networks that provides unified management driven by Machine Learning (ML). It offers real-time and historical monitoring, comprehensive troubleshooting, and integrated network applications. This platform is designed to help you understand performance metrics and detect potential issues before they escalate.

Integration with Cloud Platforms
ExtremeCloud IQ supports integration with major cloud platforms like AWS, Azure, and Google Cloud. It offers flexible deployment options, including public, private, and ExtremeCloud Edge, ensuring seamless integration with your existing cloud infrastructure. Best practices include:

Standardized Deployment: Use standardized templates and automation to ensure consistency across hybrid environments.
Interoperability: Choose interoperable tools and technologies to facilitate seamless communication between on-premises and cloud resources.
Real-Time Alerts
You can set up various real-time alerts in ExtremeCloud IQ to receive immediate notifications for latency spikes, downtime, or unusual activity. Alerts can be configured to be sent via email or SMS, and you can customize the alert policies to suit your specific needs. The platform allows you to define and configure alert policies for reporting events and metrics, ensuring you stay informed about critical issues as they arise.

Implementation Experiences
Many users have successfully implemented Extreme Networks solutions for real-time monitoring of cloud services. They highlight the ease of integration, robust performance metrics, and the ability to proactively manage network health. Challenges often include initial setup and configuration, but these can be mitigated by following best practices and leveraging Extreme Networks’ support resources

Hope this will help you.
Best regards,
florence023

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

florence023
New Contributor II

@leoarthur wrote:

Hi everyone,

I’m currently managing a network that relies heavily on cloud services for critical operations, and I’m looking to enhance our real-time monitoring capabilities. I’ve heard that Extreme Networks offers some robust solutions for this, but I’m not entirely sure where to start. HPInstantInk

Hello,

Hi there!

Extreme Networks Tools for Real-Time Monitoring
ExtremeCloud IQ is a powerful tool from Extreme Networks that provides unified management driven by Machine Learning (ML). It offers real-time and historical monitoring, comprehensive troubleshooting, and integrated network applications. This platform is designed to help you understand performance metrics and detect potential issues before they escalate.

Integration with Cloud Platforms
ExtremeCloud IQ supports integration with major cloud platforms like AWS, Azure, and Google Cloud. It offers flexible deployment options, including public, private, and ExtremeCloud Edge, ensuring seamless integration with your existing cloud infrastructure. Best practices include:

Standardized Deployment: Use standardized templates and automation to ensure consistency across hybrid environments.
Interoperability: Choose interoperable tools and technologies to facilitate seamless communication between on-premises and cloud resources.
Real-Time Alerts
You can set up various real-time alerts in ExtremeCloud IQ to receive immediate notifications for latency spikes, downtime, or unusual activity. Alerts can be configured to be sent via email or SMS, and you can customize the alert policies to suit your specific needs. The platform allows you to define and configure alert policies for reporting events and metrics, ensuring you stay informed about critical issues as they arise.

Implementation Experiences
Many users have successfully implemented Extreme Networks solutions for real-time monitoring of cloud services. They highlight the ease of integration, robust performance metrics, and the ability to proactively manage network health. Challenges often include initial setup and configuration, but these can be mitigated by following best practices and leveraging Extreme Networks’ support resources

Hope this will help you.
Best regards,
florence023

GTM-P2G8KFN