cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extreme now has proctored exams

Extreme now has proctored exams

Mike28
New Contributor II
Wow, for years I have been taking Extreme Certifications for every product line. When people ask what Certs I have, I tell them, and answer the follow up question "Who is Extreme Networks!" Never have they been monitored, until now...Thanks Extreme you have finally reached CISCO level. I don't know what else to say, very disappointed.

Here is from the Technical Training Data Sheet:

"Extreme Networks technical training exams are considered high- stakes exams and are independently proctored by ProctorU, with one attempt of the related exam included within the standard course fee (this is regardless of whether the student has completed instructor-led training or self-paced eLearning).Further exam attempts can be purchased if required at an additional cost of $395. All exams can be registered for and administered within the Extreme Networks Learning Portal using an individual’s existing portal log-in. Students have

1 hour to complete the exam. An exam will be considered Passed with a score of 75% or above."

PS your not a high-stakes Cert!!! The last few acquisitions you have become less and less Extreme, I see all the quality Engineers leaving, and your customer loyalty waning. I guess it is all about the money. This is how you stay in 3rd place!

Signed,
Less likely to lead Purple!

35 REPLIES 35

Mike28
New Contributor II
Thanks for the update, glad to know your reviewing the process. I am all for integrity, but don't just follow the path of other manufactures. If you ever look at job postings no one is asking for Extreme Certifications. Your not that company. Right now the way you have it makes me not want to get Extreme Certified. It does nothing for me, the only reason me or any of my Engineers are taking them is to keep our Partner Status with you. One of our Engineers just took a test with you. After 20-30 mins of the Proctor taking a picture of his ID, holding a mirror to the camera to make sure the room is clear, under his desk, all over. Then remote in to his laptop to make settings changes to his personal machine. During the test the proctor lost Video of him so he had to stop and talk to the proctor to get video back during the test. I can tell you I will not let anyone remote into my laptop to make setting changes, or video my office, or Post my ID card to the internet. In years with working with Extreme, I have about 4-5 customers that actually took the certification test. Most if not all take the class to learn, but never test. In my opinion you have made it harder for people to justify working on Extreme Certs. They don't mean anything to employers, they don't get you paid more. If I want all that I will keep my Cisco Certs current. Please don't loose site of who Extreme is, this is my many of us stay with you, because your not the other guy and you care about your customers!

Thanks Michael, I'll come back to this thread when I've got an update

Ronald_Dvorak
Honored Contributor
This +1
I can tell you I will not let anyone remote into my laptop to make setting changes, or video my office, or Post my ID card to the internet.

Rohan_Abeysuriy
Extreme Employee
Thanks for sharing feedback here. We always listen. With regard proctoring it was introduced to bring integrity into our certification process, especially to support the expansion of our channel partner program. Based on the feedback my team is now examining the process and we're going to investigate alternative options for how it's done. With regard training overall Extreme is investing in new training content, new modalities and new pricing options. Keep an eye out for developments

Hi Leonardo, we're working hard on this but it takes time. It's recognized as an area Extreme will invest in. We have a new training model in development and the first new training courses will start to appear in Oct/Nov. I appreciate the opportunity to read opinions posted here and hearing the feedback does influences what we do.
GTM-P2G8KFN