cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extreme now has proctored exams

Extreme now has proctored exams

Mike28
New Contributor II
Wow, for years I have been taking Extreme Certifications for every product line. When people ask what Certs I have, I tell them, and answer the follow up question "Who is Extreme Networks!" Never have they been monitored, until now...Thanks Extreme you have finally reached CISCO level. I don't know what else to say, very disappointed.

Here is from the Technical Training Data Sheet:

"Extreme Networks technical training exams are considered high- stakes exams and are independently proctored by ProctorU, with one attempt of the related exam included within the standard course fee (this is regardless of whether the student has completed instructor-led training or self-paced eLearning).Further exam attempts can be purchased if required at an additional cost of $395. All exams can be registered for and administered within the Extreme Networks Learning Portal using an individual’s existing portal log-in. Students have

1 hour to complete the exam. An exam will be considered Passed with a score of 75% or above."

PS your not a high-stakes Cert!!! The last few acquisitions you have become less and less Extreme, I see all the quality Engineers leaving, and your customer loyalty waning. I guess it is all about the money. This is how you stay in 3rd place!

Signed,
Less likely to lead Purple!

35 REPLIES 35

Bill_Handler
Contributor II
Rohan,

All due respect, but, we as partners have been very frustrated with the changes to Training over the past year.

First it was the eBooks. In December 2017, we were told that hard copies of the training material could be purchased for a nominal fee - $200 is NOT a nominal fee. In our offices, we use older training material to refresh on certain things, and to make up some of our own labs to keep sharp and fresh on things we don't work on everyday... Supposedly, the whole eBook debacle was being reviewed, and we were waiting answers... None have come.

At the last Partner Conference in October 2017, we were told that Training as a Service would be coming in January 2018. That was an affordable option for partners to keep up their certifications. When that didn't materialize, we were told that the training department in the US was dissolved, and now the training department was being moved overseas.

While I understand that may be great news for the EU partners, it has become increasingly frustrating for the US based partners...

In June, we were that the expected launch date for TaaS was going to be October 1, 2018. Is that still the plan? We were also told that there would be details about TaaS released in Mid-July 2018. I may have missed them, but I surely haven't seen them. If there was an update, please direct me to a link.

The re-certification offer of a couple of exams, while appreciated, fell woefully short in helping the partners maintain their Partnership Level (Gold or Diamond).

So please try to understand our frustration, which may come across as being rude, but we've (partners) have been told "we'll let you know" for several months, with no tangible updates

Thanks,

Bill

great post Bill +1

Rohan_Abeysuriy
Extreme Employee
Hi Ronald, end of August, around 2 weeks from now. btw - being rude on here is not cool. I'll come back to this thread when I have an update to share

Ronald_Dvorak
Honored Contributor
Ok so "the team" will review the process - to tell the truth that sounds like some corporate 0815 reply and the post include no answer to any question.

How long should we wait for the review.

Hi Ron,

How long should we wait for the review.

This is the $1M question...

We already had several meetings and discussions about this subject.

Feel free to contact me by leonardo@secureit.com.br if you like and I can share with you some additional info.

Best regards,

-Leo
GTM-P2G8KFN